Thread: ah Detroit.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    That car will match or beat a Ferrari in speed. I can just see me driving down Burleson road on the way into work in that bad boy. It looks great in purple too.
    Plum Crazy paint scheme
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Old White Man View Post
    Dodge was always into those wild colors, I come close to buying a Dodge Challenger with the Tri Carb 440, I didn't buy it and a month later bought a new 71 Mustang. One of the few good decisions I ever made for cars. Any 440 Chrysler engine regardless of what vehicle it might be in , you can sit there and watch the gas gauge make a constant drop as you drive, no waiting for the needle to catch up. That's true. The only thing it was good for was a motor home, or a heavy truck where it was expected. I have no idea who came up with the idea to put it in a car of all things. They had the perfect engine already for their muscle cars and it was the 383. The new Barracuda for 1970 was a dud because the base engine was junk and wouldn't pull a sick whore out of bed (360ci). Everyone was buying the little cheap Dusters with the 273 V8 and those things rocked.
    If you're into old Mopars checkout this show on Motor Trend channel https://www.graveyardcarz.com/.

The guy who hosts the show and runs the restoration shop is a bit kooky and nutty but he knows Mopars inside and out. Their current project on the series is to put a 1,000 horsepower Dodge Helliphant Hemi engine into a 1958 Plymouth Fury for the 2019 SEMA show. This was the same make and model in Stephen King's novel and movie "Christine" so they named their project car "Christine"

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    If you're into old Mopars checkout this show on Motor Trend channel https://www.graveyardcarz.com/.

The guy who hosts the show and runs the restoration shop is a bit kooky and nutty but he knows Mopars inside and out. Their current project on the series is to put a 1,000 horsepower Dodge Helliphant Hemi engine into a 1958 Plymouth Fury for the 2019 SEMA show. This was the same make and model in Stephen King's novel and movie "Christine" so they named their project car "Christine"

Ohhhhhh! That brings back memories! I drove a dealer sponsored Ď57 factory 6 pak at the local strips for a year or so. I really enjoy that show when I catch it. That and Fantomworks.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault