1. #1 Senate GOP Is Coming Around To The Idea That What Trump Did Was Okay 
    link

Thu Jan 23, 2020, 11:36 PM

turbinetree (14,216 posts)

Senate GOP Is Coming Around To The Idea That What Trump Did Was Okay

By Tierney Sneed

|
    January 23, 2020 10:35 p.m.

We’re three days into the impeachment trial, and Senate Republicans have begun floating their “what President Trump did was okay” trial balloon.

For the most part, they’re still avoiding weighing in directly about the Trump conduct House managers have described, and instead have thrown around procedural complaints or claims about how the Trump administration’s Ukraine policy has been stronger than the Obama’s.

But listen closely to the main themes in their reactions to the House’s meticulously built case. What you’ll hear being shaped is a defense that accepts that Trump mounted a secret pressure campaign to force a Ukrainian investigation into his 2020 rival and a defense that concludes that such an effort was permissible.

Nowhere is this growing GOP embrace of Trump’s Ukraine behavior more evident than in how they’re handling the ongoing debate over calling witnesses.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/s...p-did-was-okay

Well the GOP senate knows the trump legal team is going to have problem saying that the facts being presented don't mean anything, and will fall flat on there proverbial face......................so McConnell is going to go down this road full of shit.................to make it appear that they are impartial......................hell he has members of his party playing with a fidget spinner, probably made out of paper, and one member reading a book......................and this Braun character.....................

November 3, 2020 cannot get here fast enough.....................

Doubtful. They're looking at the FACTS. Democrats said NUMEROUS times in different words that President Trump 'cheated' and won the election only because of Russia. There is NO EVIDENCE for that. The Mueller Report said NO COLLUSION, and there's no evidence beyond Democrats making claims that Russia was out to 'help' President Trump.

Schiff LIED and then claimed 'parody' during a hearing when he made up a conversation.

ALL of their conclusions are based on Russia, Russia, Russia, and there's NO PROOF of that. It's a lie. So the rest of the assertions are probably lies, especially since it's 'connect the far ranging dots'.

House Democrats did not do due diligence in getting witnesses. If the prosecutors do not do their job it's likely they're not going to win. But then they already knew that there was nothing to find, didn't they?

Why would the GOP Senators treat the House Democrats like wayward children and do their job for them?

Midnight Writer (4,420 posts)

4. That's all they've got. Jury nullification.
    Democrats are actually the ones that are perpetuating an unfair trial. They haven't even heard the Defense/President Trump's lawyers and they've already decided he's guilty. Maybe they should recuse themselves since Dems are demanding a 'fair trial'.
    Liberals are divorced from reality and they think it's great. When you live in la la land you're never wrong, it's always the other person/groups fault and you can believe what you want to believe and call it 'truth'.

I am still, deeply, and most heartedly, and personally, concerned with The Russian Collusion.

I just can't shake it.

I feel we should go back to it, and give it a more deserved consideration.

Or else, I can't sleep at night.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Munster View Post
    I am still, deeply, and most heartedly, and personally, concerned with The Russian Collusion.

I just can't shake it.

I feel we should go back to it, and give it a more deserved consideration.

Or else, I can't sleep at night.

Why?
    May the FORCE be with you!

As I’ve said before, Biden wasn’t the nominee at the time and still isn’t today. *yawn* If you go back to the transcript of the phone call that these partisan goons never thought Trump would release, who went down the road of bringing up corruption? Oh, that’s right, it was the Ukrainian President and not Trump. Trump RESPONDED to the Ukrainian President regarding the corruption. Joe Biden is just a by-product of a wider scope of corruption because he and his son are up their eyebrows in it.

So yeah, Trump did absolutely nothing wrong. In fact, he didn’t go far enough, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Why?
    Because I'm often sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Munster View Post
    Because I'm often sarcastic.
    I would have never guessed.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Senate GOP Is Coming Around To The Idea That What Trump Did Was Okay
    President Trump broke no laws, so why wouldn't the GOP be ok with that?
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

They are so deluded that they can't even comprehend that Trump might...just might be innocent. I've seen their warped logic before. It goes like this:

Person A accuses Person B of murdering Person C.

Person D tells Person A that Person B did nothing wrong. Or Person B didn't commit any crime.

Person A: "Oh, so you think murder is ok then?"

When in reality, there was no murder or even any attempt, and Person C is still alive.

In other words DUmmies, there was no collusion. The election was not stolen (except maybe from Bernie by Hillary). Trump is innocent. And Jeffery Epstein did not kill himself. Trump isn't even being accused of a crime. He's just being impeached because he won, and he's successful. He's stilll president. He won the election legitimately, and there's nothing you lunatics can do about it, and you can't handle it.

I guess the DNC was perfectly ok with President Obama giving $150 billion, of which $1.8 billion was cash in the dead of night, to Iran, a declared enemy of the United States.

No, nothing treasonous about that whatsoever.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Liberalism is what the stupid think is smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    I guess the DNC was perfectly ok with President Obama giving $150 billion, of which $1.8 billion was cash in the dead of night, to Iran, a declared enemy of the United States.

No, nothing treasonous about that whatsoever.
    Yeah, they just missed it. No one ever sent them a link.