1. #1 Millennials Offended by Suggestion They Work Weekends 
    Individual tweets rarely deserve article-length analyses. In our social media–addled age, blithely drafted tweets too often lead to unforgiving shaming campaigns, which result, not infrequently, in ruined careers.

But, once in a while, a 280-character-or-fewer remark actually accomplishes the Pollyannaish wishes of Silicon Valley techies: it provokes thought, sparks debate, inspires afflatus, and makes us consider the important things in life.

A tweet from a cryptocurrency enthusiast named Ryan Selkis was roundly reviled by critics who are almost certainly leftists by persuasion. "If you don't work nights and weekends in your 20s, you're not going to have a successful career. Sorry," Selkis wrote in response to Jason Fried, CEO of the business management platform Basecamp, who called weekend work a sign of brokenness within a company.

Selkis's sentiment was not taken constructively, to put it mildly, by the young Twitterariat, who were quick to contemn him as a tool of capitalist exploitation. More than a few detractors posted memes calling Selkis a bootlicker, as if he were the class's brown-nosing star pupil. One respondent was Carlos Maza, the Vox journalist who notoriously demanded that YouTube censor right-wing satirists
    https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...medium=twitter
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

None of them better get a job in the oil patch. Much of it is 24/7/365.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

I know quite a few millennials and non are like this. They are hard working, don't turn down a chance for some overtime because things are so expensive these days that every little bit helps. My step kids are millennials as are their friends and they are nothing like the stereotypes that mentioned in the media.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

A lot (not all) of them expect things to be handed to them on a silver plate. They get offended over everything. It is so sad to see what our youth is like, in general, these days.

These people can all bite my ass. I work 7PM-7AM Saturday through Wednesday for a 13% differential. Your plight is my humor. Suck it up and deal with it.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Is there anything that doesn't piss off that generation?
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

I didn't like every job in retail that I had prior to my job with the state. But I loved working at K-Mart, either the GR store or the K-zoo store that I worked at. It was fun. Blue light specials, helping customers find stuff, ticketing items and setting up displays, it was all very fun. Every job I did there-cashier, apparel department, cafeteria, etc. had enough non-boring tasks that I found the job always interesting. If I hadn't gotten in with my career when I did, they would have made me cafeteria manager a few weeks after I left, when my boss had a stroke. I was doing her job for her, anyways, and never bitched about it, because I was having fun doing it.

But millennials are a little older than I was at that time (19-22). They should be further along in their careers, or they chose 24/7 careers and now regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Is there anything that doesn't piss off that generation?
    Nope.