Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Weasel Wednesday. 
    Like most people, I find the word 'weasel' amusing.

We're having some terrific weather compared to the rest of the country. It should be great weather for skiing and the Stock Show is still in town. On a sad note, I was briefly trapped by ice in my own driveway this morning.

TOTD: Do you use reusable shopping bags for groceries and that sort of thing or do you use the plastic jobs they hand out at the store? Why or why not? Do you compost food scraps? Why or why not?

This isn't a day thread is it?
    Can't be, has the word "weasel" in it. Weasels are too cool to be in day threads.

I use the plastic bags, I put them in a drawer at home then use them again for soiled cat litter or other detritus.

I do not compost, but I do save my coffee grounds and distribute them among the plant life around the house.
    Since I go through 20 pounds of green coffee beans a month, that is a lot of coffee grounds.

rm -rf obama*

Speaking of weasels, I have been enjoying this blog recently. http://sweasel.com/

I have reusable bags but I don't carry them round with me so I end up with lots of plastic bags which I use to line assorted bins.

We have a bunch of those canvas grocery bags and we keep them in the car all the time. I do think they are superior for groceries. One canvas bag will hold the same number of items as 4 or 5 plastic bags. Now, mine are real canvas bags. Those recycled, woven plastic bags that the stores sell with their logo on it are just worthless. They last about 10 trips before they decompose and they aren't washer-friendly.

I still end up with some plastic bags but I use them the way Bad Cat does.

I ASK for the plastic bags because they get recycled.

Those reusable things just go in landfills and give Mommy Erf a tummy ache.

Sunny & warm here. I have to work later today.

TOTD: I use the plastic bags. I either reuse them at home or throw them out. I don't recycle. :p

I don't compost leftovers. They will compost in the landfill.

The majority of my meals are at work or in resturants, so I don't end up with a huge accumulation of plastic bags from the grocery store, or leftover food.
    Last edited by RobJohnson; 01-14-2009 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    This isn't a day thread is it?
    Can't be, has the word "weasel" in it. Weasels are too cool to be in day threads.

I use the plastic bags, I put them in a drawer at home then use them again for soiled cat litter or other detritus.

I do not compost, but I do save my coffee grounds and distribute them among the plant life around the house.
    Since I go through 20 pounds of green coffee beans a month, that is a lot of coffee grounds.
    green as in you roast them yourself - or green as in echonazi treehumping green?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    green as in you roast them yourself - or green as in echonazi treehumping green?
    Green in as I roast my own.

rm -rf obama*

Reusable bags for me. They hold a lot more.

Don't do composting anymore. I did with yard trash for a bit but it turned out to be a critter haven.:eek:
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

TOTD-Any food scraps that I have go to the chickens, or the rabbits (the like the stuff that is left over when I use my juicer) next door. I have very little food scraps. I eat most of them myself.

If I have plastic bags left over, I use them as dog poop picker uppers. They are also great to use if you have a yardsale. If I have the choice between plastic, or paper, I choose paper.