Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    Green in as I roast my own.
    In keeping with the topic of this thread, you should get some Weasel Puke Coffee.

On the weather side of things, it sucks outside. Cold, snowy, roads are terrible, and related crap. IMO it should be 55 degrees all the time. This would make things much more comfortable. Cool enough to use a pile of blankets at night, warm enough that I don't have to shovel snow.

TOTD: Usually we use the plastic bags, although we do have a stash of the reusable ones (the cheap kind that Ginger demeaned). The only ones we use with regularity are the "6-packs" which hold 6 bottles of wine separate. I suppose we'd use the others if we remembered to keep them in the car.

As for composting, why would I want a pile of rotting garbage in my yard? Isn't that why there's a landfill?

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    In keeping with the topic of this thread, you should get some Weasel Puke Coffee.

On the weather side of things, it sucks outside. Cold, snowy, roads are terrible, and related crap. IMO it should be 55 degrees all the time. This would make things much more comfortable. Cool enough to use a pile of blankets at night, warm enough that I don't have to shovel snow.

TOTD: Usually we use the plastic bags, although we do have a stash of the reusable ones (the cheap kind that Ginger demeaned). The only ones we use with regularity are the "6-packs" which hold 6 bottles of wine separate. I suppose we'd use the others if we remembered to keep them in the car.

As for composting, why would I want a pile of rotting garbage in my yard? Isn't that why there's a landfill?
    So far, I have avoided both the weasel puke and bird shit coffees.

rm -rf obama*

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Well it's 17 going down to near 0 tonight...meh, it's winter.

We have some of those reuseable shopping bags from WholeFoods and
    SLW just gets tickled pink by using them. You get 10 cents off your bill
    per bag used. YAY!!!! :D

Cheapy plastic bags get used for hound poop on walks.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    So far, I have avoided both the weasel puke and bird shit coffees.
    well since coffee tastes like birdshit and smells like puke . . . . Have fun.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Well it's 17 going down to near 0 tonight...meh, it's winter.

We have some of those reuseable shopping bags from WholeFoods and
    SLW just gets tickled pink by using them. You get 10 cents off your bill
    per bag used. YAY!!!! :D

Cheapy plastic bags get used for hound poop on walks.
    -20 tonight here. Whole foods? you shop at that hippy shithole? I am sooo disappointed. :(

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    -20 tonight here. Whole foods? you shop at that hippy shithole? I am sooo disappointed. :(
    Fear Not! I love going there to hippy watch, you can just pick the Libs out
    clear as day. :D

And they do have damn good seafood there, better than anyplace else in the area.
    And they just opened one very close to us soooo.:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Fear Not! I love going there to hippy watch, you can just pick the Libs out
    clear as day. :D

And they do have damn good seafood there, better than anyplace else in the area.
    And they just opened one very close to us soooo.:D
    doesn't your city have a wholesale district??? Of course you can pick out the hippies - EVERYONE who shops there willingly is a damn dirty hippy!!

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post

BEST COFFEE MADE FROM MONKEY POO; CRAPPUCCINO Coffee drinkers are going bananas over a brew that's made of MONKEY DUNG.

Brits are flooding exclusive US stockists with orders for the brew, called Kopi Luwak, made from berries that have passed through the digestive system of Indonesian monkeys. Unlucky coffee plantation staff have to search through the dung to gather the bizarre "harvest" of coffee berries, which are said to emerge virtually intact.

Experts reckon the monkey business gives the drink a unique "earthy" taste, which has made it the most expensive and sought-after coffee in the world. It is in such short supply - just 500 lb of it is harvested a year - that it is virtually impossible to get hold of in Britain and has only limited availability in the States and Japan.

Experts say the brew first came to light hundreds of years ago, when explorers sampled it on the Indonesian isles of Java, Sumatra and Sulawesi. The monkey - known as the Palm Toddy Cat - lives on a diet of alcoholic tree sap and coffee berries.US-based food and drink critic Chris Rubin said:

"Whether it's because the intestinal juices give some special flavour or because it eats only perfectly ripe berries, the Toddy Cat's droppings produce what many say is the world's finest coffee." Some exclusive US outlets sell Kopi Luwak for around a FIVER a cup. US Coffee supplier Mark Mountanos has snapped up 110 lb of the beans. He said: "We've had interest from all over the world because it is very hard to get hold of."

US coffee shop owner Richard Karno ordered a pound from Mark's firm - but only after he convinced him it wasn't a joke. He said: "It's the best coffee I've ever tasted. It smells musty, but it roasts up real nice."

END http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/575635/posts

TOTD-Any food scraps that I have go to the chickens, or the rabbits (the like the stuff that is left over when I use my juicer) next door. I have very little food scraps. I eat most of them myself.

If I have plastic bags left over, I use them as dog poop picker uppers. They are also great to use if you have a yardsale. If I have the choice between plastic, or paper, I choose paper.

Isolated Mountain Range in Eastern Nevada
    food scraps? With two cats, a rabbit, a big guy who packs lunches for work and a six year old who obviously intends to be six feet tall, I know not of these food scraps of which you speak. :D Actually we have to be careful here with our garbage due to coyotes, mountain lions, and a ton of stray dogs and cats.

I re-use the plastic bags for kitty litter, bunny litter, and "pretend grocery store shopping" excursions. A friend of mine made me a very cool holder to keep them out of the way, its so easy to make I probably could have sewn one!
    I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.