1. #1 Lunar New Year festivities canceled as dozens die of China virus 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    By Tara John, Joshua Berlinger and Adam Renton, CNN
    Updated 6:10 p.m. ET, January 25, 2020

What we know so far

• The virus: Dozens of people are dead in China as the Wuhan coronavirus continues to spread throughout Asia. More than 1,400 people have been infected across the world, the vast majority in mainland China.
    • Festivities canceled: Saturday is the first day of the Lunar New Year, but festivities have been canceled in Beijing, Hong Kong and other major cities to control the spread of the virus.
    • Foreign nationals evacuated: The US government is arranging a charter flight for diplomats in Wuhan, a source told CNN. The French government has chartered a bus to pull its citizens out of the city.
    • Wuhan hospitals stretched: Videos and witness accounts from Wuhan attest to packed hospitals and overworked staff. A new, 1,000-bed hospital is being built on the city's outskirts, to be ready by February 3.

I wonder what the real situation is???

LINK
    May the FORCE be with you!

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Damn, and I wanted to try the snake

Lunar New Year is a BIG family time in China and Taiwan. If my daughter's university is typical, it's also a break that is several weeks long. One result is lots of people travelling around and in and out of the country.

China is a very large country. My daughter's university is well west of Wuhan, and though her flight to the US originated in Xian rather than the more eastern cities with large international airports, Xian is also well west of Wuhan. I'm not sure whether there was screening in LAX when she entered the US, though the screening was basically thermal sensors looking for people with fevers.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Old White Man View Post
    Damn, and I wanted to try the snake
    In Xining, you can get ice cream and pizza (cheese) made from yak milk and yak burgers. It sounds weird, but yaks are a variety of bovine suited to higher altitudes. Yak jerky is pretty tasty, too .
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    * Coronavirus' transmission ability getting stronger

* Incubation 1-14 days, infectious during incubation

* China confirms 1,975 people infected, 56 dead

* U.S. to evacuate diplomatic staff, citizens from Wuhan
    * China imposes temporary nationwide ban on sale of wildlife

By Gabriel D. Crossley and Cheng Leng

BEIJING/SHANGHAI, Jan 26 (Reuters) - The ability of the new coronavirus to spread is strengthening and infections could continue to rise, China's National Health Commission said on Sunday, with more than 2,000 people in China infected and 56 killed by the disease.

Hopefully they get a vac for this soon and it
    seems to be mutating pretty fast.

LINK

Almost sounds like a Bio-Weapon...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post

Almost sounds like a Bio-Weapon...
    I keep jokingly thinking tha China needs better locks on their biological weapon testing labs, between this and the SARS mess. There seems to be no depths the chicoms won't dig down to though, so it may not be a laughing matter.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

When you compare it to how many people die from the flu here every year, it's not something I regard as an existential threat so far.