1. #1 "We Can Simply Borrow And Spend Our Way Back To Prosperity.” 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Boehner Statement on Congressional Democrats’ Economic Spending Proposal
    GOP Leader: “The plan released this morning by congressional Democrats was developed with no Republican input and appears to be grounded in the flawed notion that we can simply borrow and spend our way back to prosperity.”

Washington, Jan 15 - House Republican Leader John Boehner (R-OH) today issued the following statement after congressional Democrats released their economic spending proposal:

“This is the first time Republicans and the American people have seen any specifics on the proposal congressional Democrats intend to pass, and what we’re seeing is disappointing. The plan released this morning by congressional Democrats was developed with no Republican input and appears to be grounded in the flawed notion that we can simply borrow and spend our way back to prosperity. It calls for more than half a trillion dollars in questionable new government spending on programs and projects, while providing less tax relief for middle-class families and small businesses than President-elect Obama has proposed.

“Today, in response to President-elect Obama’s request for input, a House Republican working group heard from economic experts on what needs to be done to put our economy back on track and create jobs. With the release of the congressional Democrats’ economic plan, we look forward to the important debate to come in the weeks ahead as Congress considers the next steps in our economic recovery.”

NOTE: An early analysis of the congressional Democrats’ “stimulus” plan has identified the following spending on programs and projects:

- $600 million for new cars for the federal government
    - $1 billion “to minimize undercounting of minority groups” in the 2010 census (ACORN)?
    - $400 million for NASA for global warming (NASA's James Hansen Global Warming Guru)
    - $400 million for “National Treasures”
    - $6 billion for colleges/universities, many of which have massive billion dollar endowments
    - $166 billion in direct aid to states, many of which have failed to budget wisely
    - $650 million more for digital television conversion coupons

http://republicanleader.house.gov/Ne...umentID=108708

Come on Republicans. You're not supposed to pretend to be against this sort of thing until next week.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FeebMaster View Post
    Come on Republicans. You're not supposed to pretend to be against this sort of thing until next week.
    The Repubs and Prez. Bush sure as hell set the table for this spend, spend, borrow, borrow that the Democrats are going to take to new heights. We are in deep shit.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    The Repubs and Prez. Bush sure as hell set the table for this spend, spend, borrow, borrow that the Democrats are going to take to new heights. We are in deep shit.
    The major reason I was against Obama in the election was that I figured he would cost me an appalling amount of money. The current administration started the wheels rolling on THAT process so fast that I'm fairly calm about Obama now; there's apparently no difference in policy between the two on this, and I'm going to lose a lot of money either way.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    The major reason I was against Obama in the election was that I figured he would cost me an appalling amount of money. The current administration started the wheels rolling on THAT process so fast that I'm fairly calm about Obama now; there's apparently no difference in policy between the two on this, and I'm going to lose a lot of money either way.
    What a crock of cucca .You where in the bag for obama because of of your BDS and you know it.When OBama boy is done with you petty bureaucrats you will be spending your retirements back in New Jersey !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    What a crock of cucca .You where in the bag for obama because of of your BDS and you know it.When OBama boy is done with you petty bureaucrats you will be spending your retirements back in New Jersey !
    In Newark no less. We just might see those 70% top Fed. Income Tax rates once again like during the years of the peanut farmer. Robin Hood is coming to town.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    You haven't guessed anything right about me yet; I see you're still batting 1000.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

$1 billion “to minimize undercounting of minority groups” in the 2010 census (ACORN)?
    I see O didn't forget the people that got him where is is today. :mad: Make sure we get all those illegals registered for the 2010 election!
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals