1. #1 Another fun job for a monkey wrench 
    I would have loved to have been privy to these constructions.

It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Australia is a fascinating country, so much land mass it's incredible. I think I watched a movie where a few military people flew the entire length of the country and it took over a week. You could drive for days and never see another vehicle on a long overland road, even today. I saw a lot of really valuable American makes destroyed making the first Max movie, the AMC AMX was scarce to begin with and they just destroyed a bunch of them to make the silly movies. A lot of memories from the early 70s because one of my friends had a 390 Javelin, a total piece of crappola. It was so short of horse power it couldn't pull a sick whore out of bed. They copied the buick design and had the button separators on the rocker shafts and you couldn't keep one from breaking to save your life. Buick was still using it on their high performance engines but they had no problems ? I only saw maybe 3 or 4 AMX in Houston in the 70s. Almost as scarce as the Boss 429 Mustangs, I saw one, a blue one. Ford detuned it so bad it was a boat anchor. The only decent engine leading into the 80s for Ford was the 351 Cleveland, they screwed around and dropped it and used another boat anchor for everything they were building , the stinking 400cid. That was about the time I stopped buying Fords. My last really good used Ford was a 68 square back Torino w/428 cobra package, simply heaven driving a car you didn't need to spend a fortune to at least keep up with everyone that was spending their whole pay check to go fast each month. The car wanted to cruise at 100mph or it wasn't happy.