Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I thought I was being fair. I have heard rumors to that effect regarding Kwame and 28 years is a harsh sentence. Do you think it's evil intent for Trump to have a political motive if he were to commute Kwame's sentence? It's politics.
    Politics? Kilpatrick was accused and convicted on a laundry list of charges and he wasn't a first time offender like Blago. Blago may have tried to sell a senate seat but Kilpatrick used the mayors office as his own little playground. The guy is corrupt to the bone and hurt many people. He's corrupt to the bone and is deserving of no sympathy nor a pardon. The guy makes Boss Tweed look like a piker.
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Politics? Kilpatrick was accused and convicted on a laundry list of charges and he wasn't a first time offender like Blago. Blago may have tried to sell a senate seat but Kilpatrick used the mayors office as his own little playground. The guy is corrupt to the bone and hurt many people. He's corrupt to the bone and is deserving of no sympathy nor a pardon. The guy makes Boss Tweed look like a piker.
    Kwame was a first time offender when he was prosecuted. His convictions were for non-violent felonies and he got 28 years. I would be opposed to any kind of pardon or commuting of his sentence to time served, until he has served at least 10-12 years. I'm just reporting a rumor that is going around Detroit. Kwame has his supporters still in Detroit-mostly women who find him attractive and young voters who were kids when he got taken down.

Some people are going to look at the commutation of Blago's sentence and ask why a corrupt governor got a deal and a corrupt mayor did not. Both are dems. One was a contestant on Trump's tv show. But there is one obvious difference in the men and the race card will be played when some make the comparison. But if Trump did commute his sentence, he would take that argument away.