Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Blagojevich prison sentence commuted by Pres. Trump 
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Disgraced former Democrat governor of Illinois Rod Blagojevich has federal prison sentence commuted by President Trump.

Breaking on Chicago radio, per ABC News.

Trump expected to commute sentencing of former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich.

https://tiny.iavian.net/xwl1
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

President*Donald Trump*is expected to commute the sentence of former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, multiple senior level sources tell ABC News.

Among the causes that lead to Blagojevich's original conviction was the charge that he sought to exchange an appointment to former President Barack Obama's vacated U.S. Senate seat in exchange for campaign money.

Blagojevich, a Democrat, has been a resident of the Federal Correctional Institution, in Englewood -- near Littleton, Colorado -- since March 15, 2012, where he is known as Inmate No. 40892-424.

His date for expected release remains 2024, factoring in two years of credit for good behavior.

The disgraced governor rose to fame in part because of his penchant for sartorial flamboyance, larger-than-life persona and an apparent eagerness to perform for the camera. He became known through tabloids by the mononym "Blago," and the Chicago Tribune reported that inmates inside of the prison refer to him simply as "Gov."

In 2009, he appeared on NBC's "The Apprentice," a reality TV show then hosted by Trump, alongside tenured reality show performers like Sharon Osborne and Bret Michaels.

Blagojevich fronted a prison band called “The Jailhouse Rockers,” named after the Elvis Presley song, which was dissolved after the lead guitarist was released, according to The Associated Press.

A prediction: at least one completely lazy and Trump Derangement Syndrome suffering news outlet will refer to Blago as a Republican.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    A prediction: at least one completely lazy and Trump Derangement Syndrome suffering news outlet will refer to Blago as a Republican.
    I think you are right. Many more media outlets will follow their unwritten code of bias and selective reporting and fail to mention Blago's party affiliation at all.

The United States Navy, fighting Moslem barbarians since 1801.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.” Vladimir Ilyich Lenin
    Democrat evolution: JFK PUT A MAN ON THE MOON AND OBAMA PUT A MAN IN THE LADIES BATHROOM

I read somewhere else that Comey prosecuted Blago, and that's why Trump commuted his sentence.

I've been hearing rumors around Detroit that Trump is looking to commute Kwame's sentence to win over black voters in Michigan. 28 years was a bit of a harsh sentence for a non-violent crime. Hillary would have pardoned him, because she's friends with Kwame's Mommy, but Obama didn't. I'm not sure how many voters that would win over, but Trump's also hoping to get out some votes for John James for Senate.

Here's the fun thing the city of Detroit is doing to get out the November vote. Marijuana was legalized following the 2018 mid-terms, and dems won the Gov's race and turned a couple of red districts blue. The cities can opt out of licensing recreational weed stores, but Detroit has not chosen to do that. They are just not issuing any licenses. They are pushing NORML to get it on the ballot this fall to the city's voters, hoping for a huge turnout again and lots of anti-Trump votes.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I read somewhere else that Comey prosecuted Blago, and that's why Trump commuted his sentence.

I've been hearing rumors around Detroit that Trump is looking to commute Kwame's sentence to win over black voters in Michigan. 28 years was a bit of a harsh sentence for a non-violent crime. Hillary would have pardoned him, because she's friends with Kwame's Mommy, but Obama didn't. I'm not sure how many voters that would win over, but Trump's also hoping to get out some votes for John James for Senate.

Of course to a liberal there is some evil intent in this it must be bad orange man. Stop being so obvious.
    “No weapon formed against you shall prosper.” Isaiah 54:17
    Matthew 10:29-31
    "Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. "But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. "So do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows.

My takeaway from the Blago-thing was that Rahm Emanuel tried to facilitate the 'sale' of the Seat as an intermediary. -But eluded being looked-at by the investigators. Emanuel's voice is on most of the recordings.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    This is a warm up, many more to come.
    “No weapon formed against you shall prosper.” Isaiah 54:17
    Matthew 10:29-31
    "Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. "But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. "So do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Of course to a liberal there is some evil intent in this it must be bad orange man. Stop being so obvious.

I thought I was being fair. I have heard rumors to that effect regarding Kwame and 28 years is a harsh sentence. Do you think it's evil intent for Trump to have a political motive if he were to commute Kwame's sentence? It's politics.

The governor-turned-convicted felon even added an endorsement of Trump’s bid for a second term.

“I’m aTrumpocrat,” said Blagojevich, flanked by his wife and two daughters. “If I had the ability to vote, I would vote for him.”
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault