Thread: No Thaw Thursday

1. #1 No Thaw Thursday 
    It's a cold morning here in North Florida, it broke freezing in my neck of the woods. I know some of you got it much worse but relatively speaking 31 is bad. Tomorrow they predict 25. I'm glad I'm working from home tomorrow and can stay inside my nice warm home. For those of you who are seeing the really cold weather I hope it gets better for you.

TOTD: I was born here in Florida and to be honest I don't have much patience for cold weather. It's been very mild here until now and a lot of folks were saying that they missed the cold weather. I for one didn't. I love Hawaii where they have one season all year and it's perfect. Anyways, cold weather or hot weather which to you prefer and why? I'm a warm weather guy because... will I'm use to it. Also with the humidity we have here 40 degrees in Jacksonville feels like 20 degree out west. Trust me on this; I've lived in both conditions.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    It's 2.1 degrees here and the temps are still dropping.

Oh...wait, I take that back, it's now 1.9! :mad:

I'm a warm weather person and unlike a lot of people I don't
    mind the humidity. When it gets bad, that's what A/C is for.

WTF am I doing in St. Louis? Well, my job went away in Sarasota
    and the woman I love and married is up here. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Hot weather. I've lived in Florida since I was 2, my body has a high tolerance for heat and a very low tolerance for cold.

Power CUer
    TOTD: Cold weather, because I find it easier to warm up than to cool off. However, by "cold" I mean the 20 degree temperature we have in Northern Virginia this morning; I don't mean Northern Minnesota temperatures.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Patent Member
    It was -17 when I left for work today. We are supposed to have a high of -5. Wind chill was somewhere around -30.

TOTD: Cold, because I prefer to sit with a blanket next to the fire than try to stay cool, usually lying on the carpet with the AC coming from one side and a fan from the other. Ugh.

HOT SUCKS!

It's 5 degrees here with a windchill of -11. You have to love when it's sooo cold that the snot freezes in your nose! ;)
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

It's dreary here this morning. We aren't experiencing that Alberta Clipper stuff but it's cold and cloudy.

TOTD: This is a hard question to answer. I'm a four seasons type of gal. I don't think I'd care for an unchanging landscape.

That said, as an avid gardener I prefer summer. We don't have any humidity out here and the temperature drops like a rock when the sun sets so any high temps during the day don't really bother me at all. :)

Partly cloudy here,although the sun is shining directly through the window at the moment, 37.4F high of 45F predicted.

Here is a little song for all you snow people If You're Gonna Play In Fargo (You Gotta have A Shovel In The Van)'
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Partly cloudy here,although the sun is shining directly through the window at the moment, 37.4F high of 45F predicted.

Here is a little song for all you snow people If You're Gonna Play In Fargo (You Gotta have A Shovel In The Van)'
    A balmy 52 degrees here.