Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Life is weird sometimes 
    So, for the past year I've been working as a car salesman. I've been doing well enough to get by until now on paycheck to paycheck. I had a bad month in January and I made a grand total after taxes of $0.20. Naturally I went into freak out mode. I've been working with the VA and another group for rent assistance just to get me over the hump and I've been job hunting.

Well after a month of constant stress, things seem to be coming together all at once. While I was out on the lot showing a couple about nine different cars, all the while them telling me periodically they weren't buying today and me grinding my teeth as these people didn't seem to either know or care that I don't get paid by the hour I received a phone call. After finally kicking them off the lot (nicely) I checked the voicemail. I landed a job with Frito-Lay and take my first ride along Sunday. I fully intend on taking that job too. The hours look like it'll take some getting used to but hey, it's a solid for sure paycheck.

On top of that, the VA called and linked me to a group specifically based on keeping veterans from getting evicted. It's a one time kind of payment but that's all I need. I'll pay them back via donations or even volunteer work once I get things back in order.

Chin up, partner. Sometimes everything sucks and sometimes life ain't so bad. Spring is around the corner. Longer days and some sunshine. All the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good things do happen to good people. Go getím!
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Thanks guys. I'm still rocked. Here I was on the edge of losing everything and now I'll be back on my feet with a job that pays more than I've ever been paid. Also, I'll never EVER sell another damned car again. Also, the Trump rally must have been something. I work three miles away and it took me over an hour to get home. Damn wish I could have gone.

Good for you my friend! Thereís something to be said for a known, predictable paycheck. Life is easier when you know in advance whatís coming in and whatís going out.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    That is outstanding!!! Glad you shared
    this with us.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    You might check into that not paid by the hour because that was ruled on back in the 70s as being a felony for people being forced to work for free. Anyone pushing a time clock is to be paid minimum wage and you cannot be working unless you are pushing a time clock, it's the law ... It is not negotiable with an employable and those bastards have been doing this for a century. I never sold cars but I wasted two decades working as a mechanic in Dealers. That law also applies to mechanics since we too work on commissions. I would turn it over to the state to find out why they aren't paying minimum wage according to the law. You pay outrageous tax on what commission you make so no one is paying you for nothing while you're there. Just keep in mind if you weren't punching a time clock they were committing a felony by not having you punch a clock and have the state look at their tax records and see if they have been giving false statements. There are a lot of corrupt people in the car business, always have been and until people take them to task they will continue to do so. How many other businesses out there have someone work for free ? They owe you some money.

You'll be working in the delivery of Frito Lay products to stores? Cool. But watch out for the orange revolution and that damned cheetah.

I donít know if Doritos are a Frito Lay product or not, but those Dynamite rolled up Doritos with the set your hair on fire spice are like crack cocaine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    I donít know if Doritos are a Frito Lay product or not, but those Dynamite rolled up Doritos with the set your hair on fire spice are like crack cocaine.
    I think that Doritos are a Frito Lay product.

The factory in metro Detroit is just off 94 in Melvindale. It smells so good when you drive by it.