1. #1 Barack Obama: it is no longer essential to kill Osama bin Laden 
    Barack Obama suggested last night that removing Osama bin Laden from the battlefield was no longer essential and that America's security goals could be achieved merely by keeping al-Qaeda "on the run".

"My preference obviously would be to capture or kill him," he said. "But if we have so tightened the noose that he's in a cave somewhere and can't even communicate with his operatives then we will meet our goal of protecting America."

His comments, in a CBS interview, represent a significant watering down of the "dead or alive" policy pursued by President Bush since the terror attacks of September 11, 2001. They also appear to contradict Mr Obama's own statements made in the election campaign.http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5520116.ece

I guess this is what Barry meant by change . . . . .
    Last edited by Phillygirl; 01-15-2009 at 01:19 PM. Reason: removed quote tags
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Power CUer
    But it's not change. Bush said several years ago that capturing/killing OBL wasn't front-burner anymore.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    But it's not change. Bush said several years ago that capturing/killing OBL wasn't front-burner anymore.

One man in a 6 billion world population.

But Obama ran on killing him.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    But Obama ran on killing him.
    But that was then. Now, he's no longer an issue. This is what Obama meant by "Change that you can believe in."
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

America's security goals could be achieved merely by keeping al-Qaeda "on the run".
    See, this is the fundamental flaw with both parties. We need to end this war. Not surrender, not just pull back, we need to end it. This war should have been over years ago, but America don't have the balls to go for the jugular anymore. "Keeping them on the run" just means a never ending war. Total annihilation is the only way to end the war (left) and achieve our security goals (right). This way everyone is happy.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    See, this is the fundamental flaw with both parties. We need to end this war. Not surrender, not just pull back, we need to end it. This war should have been over years ago, but America don't have the balls to go for the jugular anymore. "Keeping them on the run" just means a never ending war. Total annihilation is the only way to end the war (left) and achieve our security goals (right). This way everyone is happy.
    YES! Now we're talking.

I like to shoot people with my CANON.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar

Yes, but HE made a campaign issue of it AND the left gave Bush hell for saying the same thing.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Full-Auto View Post
    YES! Now we're talking.

Yeah, my problem with Bush wasn't that he was fight ing the war. It was that he wasn't fighting the war.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Yes, but HE made a campaign issue of it AND the left gave Bush hell for saying the same thing.
    EXACTLY!!:mad: