1. #1 An encounter with a Trump supporter 
    link

How dare anyone not agree with the leftists political views!

Wed Feb 26, 2020, 08:16 AM
    PJMcK (11,782 posts)
    An encounter with a Trump supporter

Last weekend, I went to a Long Island golf course that I used to belong to. I wanted to donate a set of clubs to their First Tee Program which provides encouragement for underprivileged kids to learn the game. While I was there, I ran into a number of old golfing buddies including a pro with whom I had becomes close friends over the years. He taught my son how to play and he has invited me to play in several Pro-Ams, a couple of which we won.

As we were chatting, he began to make political comments. In itself, this was unusual. There's an unwritten rule of etiquette that the two things you never talk about at the golf course are religion and politics. I chose to say nothing but he went on to praise all of the great accomplishments Trump has brought to the U.S. After a couple of minutes, I asked him where he gets his news information. Unsurprisingly, he said he watches Fox News. His comments illustrated that he was somewhat disconnected from reality. He also went on to praise Trump's golf courses. I played three of his courses before he announced his candidacy: they suck and they're ridiculously expensive.

My response to his comments was three-fold. First, I told him that Fox "News" had admitted in court that they were not a news organization but an entertainment outlet. (LIE) Second, I told him that he was foolish to vote as if he were in the 1% when he's nowhere near that level of wealth. (Right. Jack*sses think THEY KNOW better what our best interests are. We're supposed to vote for Democrat fascism and immorality.) I reminded him that he could not have afforded his double-knee replacement were he not covered by the ACA, also known as Obamacare, (I wanted to needle him a little). Lastly, I scolded him for violating the unwritten rule of etiquette regarding religion and politics.

He responded by saying he was surprised to learn that I was a liberal! He also apologized for bringing up politics.

I like this man and he's been very generous with his golf talents. But it baffled me to see and hear him spouting such utter bullshit and assume that I would be in complete agreement with him.

It's become increasingly clear to me that there are 40% of Americans who are clueless, stupid and/or evil. (Right, jack*sses. That would be YOU. The "evil ones" are the jack*sses who demand everyone agree with them and vote for what THEY want, or else be denigrated, shamed and/or beat up.) As a country, we're in for a rougher ride, I'm afraid.

SCantiGOP (9,398 posts)
    1. 40% is the ceiling

I hope the real number will turn out to be closer to 30-35%.
    PJMcK (11,782 posts)
    3. Yeah but their influence outweighs their numbers

Trump was acquitted by the Senate because it's dominated by Republicans from red states which have fewer people than blue states. Accordingly, it doesn't represent the majority of Americans and this has given Republicans and Trump an outsized level of power.

Given the divisions within our party, I'm frightened that we may not see a change for the better after November.
    Tumbulu (4,932 posts)

10. And the people in the states have been

brainwashed by Rush and hate media to loath liberals. For over 3 decades, it is multigenerational.
    LOL. There is nothing Rush says that makes me loath liberals. READING DU MAKES ME LOATH LIBERALS. That and listening to Piglosi, Shit Azz, and Waters.

smirkymonkey (48,471 posts)

5. I'm glad you stood up to him.

These people must be challenged and shamed wherever they are found. Because they are wrong. They are lazy. They are stupid and they are hateful.
    No. They just simply have different values and beliefs. The definition of someone who is stupid and lazy is someone who believes all the LIES, SUPPOSITIONS, and STEREOTYPES of those they hate.

Don't be surprise though when you stupid, lazy, intolerant jack*sses are treated the way you are treating others.
    eyeofnewt (134 posts)

6. Similar incident

I met a really nice man. Quiet, hard working, kind, devoted to his grown children and mother, generous, lots of good friends...nothing bad to say about him. Then, the SOTU came on. I refused to watch and he lit in to Obama, loves everything trump and is an admitted racist. I could not have been more shocked. Oh, and he threw in that Fox is the only reliable news source and all that he watches. I’m still digesting all of it. Still shocked actually. I’ve talked to him a bit since then about health care, cost and lack of access, but wouldn’t even think of trying to get through on any other subject. Granted he’s in a very red area of a red state but he sure doesn’t fit the profile of the typical trumper we see or hear about-at least he doesn’t on the outside.
    It's all stereotypes and hate based on the belief Democrats are entitled to power and THEIR beliefs are the only ones that are legitimate.

safeinOhio (18,377 posts) 28. I love when someone bashes Obama in front of me.

My response, with a stern, mad face, you don't like him because you are damn racist. You don't like him because he is half Irish, and I'm half Irish too, want to make something of it.

I have never got a response back, just a blank look.
    That 'blank look' is nothing more than "you are an idiot".

Maggiemayhem (529 posts)

7. I wonder how he feels now the stock market tanked and

Recession fears have kicked in.
    It's due to the fear of the coronavirus, which DEMOCRAT PIGS are hyping for just that reason. The Jack*ss Party will even welcome the destruction of the economy if it gets them power. Democrats don't care because keeping people poor and dependent on the government is their goal.

lunatica (46,818 posts)

11. It really is shocking when people who you think have every reason

to be knowledgeable about the facts seem to obviously choose the charlatan. The obvious charlatan. The obvious and deliberate lies and the spin that he seems to accept the worldview of authoritarianism. You expect it from the people who live lives of willful ignorance just because they can’t be bothered to educate themselves and because they live and work with people just like themselves. To me your friend shouldn’t have the attitude or experience that seems he belongs in that group even if he is a Republican.

I hope your words didn’t fall on deaf ears. But I admire you for saying them in today’s fractious political climate.
    pnwest (1,895 posts)

20. I find it frightening. I'm at such a loss to

understand when I run into people like this who are reasonable, nice people but are such brainwashed zombies when it comes to trump. It’s such an odd, weird juxtaposition of slavish, zombie-like worship against the backdrop of otherwise normal, common sense behaviors in the entire remainder of their existence. It frightens me because I just cannot explain it - or predict it - and makes me wonder how widespread this crazy, brain-eating, trump worship “virus” really is. It frightens me how impossible it is to reason with these people. Their unshakable resoluteness about trump is so weird. So twilight zone. Beyond shock, I feel actual fear when I run into one of these situations. Because the limbaugh/ Fox News / republican campaign to create a cult is working. On a very, very large scale. And I’m afraid.
    No surprise is it, when BRAINWASHED ZOMBIES consider that it is everyone else that is a 'brainwashed zombie'?

Democrats are nothing more than a brainwashed CULT that considers everyone else WRONG and EVIL who must be CONVERTED or DESTROYED.
    Last edited by Carol; 02-26-2020 at 11:05 PM.
    OBAMA'S H1N1 VIRUS: From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...1-pandemic.htm

Worst ever!

No Street Cred on the DUmp for you, DUmmy. You are awarded no points and may God have mercy in your soul.

safeinOhio , Do you realize what a simple little world yours is? For some childish reason you think race and only race could prevent anyone from approving of Obama. Policy, couldn't possibly have anything to do with it. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd-try View Post
    safeinOhio , Do you realize what a simple little world yours is? For some childish reason you think race and only race could prevent anyone from approving of Obama. Policy, couldn't possibly have anything to do with it. Pathetic.
    They’ve played that race card so many times, they had to get it laminated. Obama’s “greatness” never did rub off on me. All I saw was a cult who reveled in being lied to and conned. Because they invested everything, still to this day, he was the greatest thing since sliced bread to them and they’ll never admit he was 100% style and 0% substance.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Did any DUmmies scold the original poster for being a member of a golf club?

So much wrong... politics are FREQUENTLY discussed around and on the golf course.

Virtue signalling by the DUmmy.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Did any DUmmies scold the original poster for being a member of a golf club?

So much wrong... politics are FREQUENTLY discussed around and on the golf course.

Virtue signalling by the DUmmy.
    Religion frequently finds its way onto the golf course as well when you shank one into the woods or a pond, in the form of swearing.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    What an obviously pathetic Bouncy!!!

Sad.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Thee jerkazoids never learn a fucking thing.

Here they talking about " SHAMING " and calling people every name in the book doesn't bring them over to your side, it drives them away.

But they think it works because, its what makes them feel good but all it does is drive people away. People are leaving the Left in droves, because they can't stand all this crap and they don't like how the American Left has created a cult around their politics; believe as we do or be destroyed.

As you see not only are they willing to drive away Voters, but they're ready to drive away entire States because they care more about purity of thought than they do people.

And what is the message they are pushing with this thread? Vote for us, we promise to fuck up your life and threat you like a piece of shit ever chance we get.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.