Thread: DJIA 2020

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 87 of 87
  1. #81  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    56,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    The stock market runs on emotion, not common sense. That's why it does the weirdest things. Also, the Fed doesn't print money, the Treasury Department does, but your point is well teaken.
    Exactly. It's been a rough few months but things are coming back.

    What's going to happen?? My guess is COVID-19 has been
    blown out of proportion. What has happened is terrible but
    the blame needs to be laid where it belongs. The Chi-Coms.

    Sorry Libtards, it isn't Trump.

    This episode is going to be controlled and fixed. The economy
    is going to come roaring back. People will breath a
    sigh of relief.

    The Democratic traitors will get their asses kicked this
    November and we are going to have a really good time
    watching the Dems fall apart in real time.

    As one of our old DU friends has said...Bank on it.
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #82  
    Senior Ape Articulate_Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NJ, Exit Only
    Posts
    8,757
    From your lips to God's ears, my friend.
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier​.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #83  
    Senior Member Tecate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    2,972
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Exactly. It's been a rough few months but things are coming back.

    What's going to happen?? My guess is COVID-19 has been
    blown out of proportion. What has happened is terrible but
    the blame needs to be laid where it belongs. The Chi-Coms.

    Sorry Libtards, it isn't Trump.

    This episode is going to be controlled and fixed. The economy
    is going to come roaring back. People will breath a
    sigh of relief.

    The Democratic traitors will get their asses kicked this
    November and we are going to have a really good time
    watching the Dems fall apart in real time.

    As one of our old DU friends has said...Bank on it.
    While I agree with almost everything you said SR, we should all watch out for the dead cat bounce. Thereís always a bull market somewhere under any economic conditions, but I shall remain cautiously optimistic.

    The worst thing anyone can do is to take investment advice from me, but I believe we havenít found a bottom yet.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #84  
    PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    54,176
    Investors put their money in and day traders suck the profit off the top. I have no answer to this.

    Revelation 15:1
    And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #85  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    28,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Iím riding it out. Iíve got a cash flow good for another two years, I think covid-19 will taper off towards summer but itís going to be some time to ramp China back up so two years sounds fair for now.

    The whole things blown so far out of proportion as to be reallydiculous.
    Ditto. In fact I sold some of my shakier investments when things started tanking and reinvested the money in companies that have a lot to do with telecom and video conferencing. They have been doing really good.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #86  
    Senior Member Dlr Pyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    So. Cal
    Posts
    6,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Iím riding it out. Iíve got a cash flow good for another two years, I think covid-19 will taper off towards summer but itís going to be some time to ramp China back up so two years sounds fair for now.
    do we really need to return production to china? After this they need to feel the economic pain and bring manufacturing back to America. I know they have the cheap labor and all but haven't we learned from all this that china is not our friend?
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

    "Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #87  
    Ancient Fire Breather Retread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    I came to Texas as soon as I could
    Posts
    18,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    do we really need to return production to china? After this they need to feel the economic pain and bring manufacturing back to America. I know they have the cheap labor and all but haven't we learned from all this that china is not our friend?
    Iím just speaking to the oil demand, not trade. A huge portion of the reduction in demand comes from them. Until demand exceeds 120 million a day, the US industry is on starvation income.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •