1. #1 How much snow did you get? Pic 
    Pic of the snow on my back deck as of this morning. It seems to have stopped for now.

Now it's the -6 temp that's sucking ass...

This global warming is killing us.
    I like to shoot people with my CANON.

Patent Member
    Haven't had nearly that much, at least I don't think so. We get lots of drifting here, so it's hard to tell.

Shoveling the driveway yesterday, one half had ~1.5" of snow, the other half had ~4", on top of the about 6" I've already shoveled off this last week.

Hard to have snow when the temp is in the 70's....:D

San Jose breaks another heat record with a high of 77

By Sandra Gonzales

Mercury News

Posted: 01/12/2009 06:58:04 PM PST

Ah, another sun-filled day, with folks basking in the warmth, tanning on their lawns and strolling in beachwear as temperatures Monday broke more records.

While that may be all fine and dandy, there's just one slight problem. It's winter! And, the Bay Area really could use some rain.

Monday topped 77 degrees in San Jose, shattering a record of 71 set in 1948. Record high temperatures were set throughout the Bay Area, with downtown San Francisco climbing to 74, beating a previous record of 67 set in 1948; Gilroy, hitting 73, breaking the previous record of 72 set in 1959; and Oakland reaching 77, eclipsing the record of 68 set in 1948.

Alas, pity those poor souls in Bismarck, N.D., where temperatures were, oh, 2 degrees, or Chicago with a freezing 27, and Minneapolis at 12 degrees.

California, though, will continue to live up to its reputation as a state of perpetual sunshine. Today should bring more of the same balmy weather in the Bay Area, with a predicted high of 72 in San Jose.

"It's going to be dry," said Brian Tentinger, a meteorologist for the National Weather Service in Monterey.

"It's a little abnormal, obviously, with these records being broken. For this time of year it's fairly hot. We should be seeing a more active rain weather pattern."

This week's unusual weather comes courtesy of a large ridge of high pressure over the West Coast that is not only bringing warm weather but gusty winds. In San Jose, winds whipped to nearly 30 mph near the airport, and to more than 70 mph in higher elevations such as Mount Diablo.

So what about the rain? There's none in sight at least for the next 10 days. And, while that is not yet cause for alarm, with two more months of the rainy season to go, it could be a problem if the dryness persists.

So far, San Jose has received 2.79 inches of rain this season, about 50 percent of normal. The historical normal to date is 5.95 inches.

With half of our water supply coming from the Sacramento Delta, the last snow survey showed the Sierra at 76 percent of normal for this time of year. Santa Clara County's reservoirs, meanwhile, are 45 percent full, which is 111 percent of normal.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Hard to have snow when the temp is in the 70's....:D
    Yeah, but there's probably an earthquake in your future.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Yeah, but there's probably an earthquake in your future.
    I'll take snow over earthquakes or hurricanes any day!!
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I'll take snow over earthquakes or hurricanes any day!!
    Or liberals, being in California.

Quote Originally Posted by Full-Auto View Post
    Pic of the snow on my back deck as of this morning. It seems to have stopped for now.

Now it's the -6 temp that's sucking ass...

This global warming is killing us.
    We have about that much snow too, and weather underground says it's -13 F right now with -30 windchills. Yikes.
    "Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! "

- Patrick Henry