Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    Iím not privy to all of the details, but it seems there has been a tug of war going on with whatís considered a bar vs. restaurant. 51% of their sales have to be food over alcohol. Thatís a floating target. Iconic businesses around here are dying, and will never come back.
    Every state has different regulations, especially to deem an establishment a restaurant or bar. That's why there are lawmakers and lawyers.

Feel awful for them. Most are sole proprietors and family owned.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Theyíre putting together a lawsuit n Harris County as the bars are locked down.
    Our benevolent dictator, Dr Sam Page, perhaps learned that you don't mess around with high school football. He's our county supervisor, Dem, very smug. Many high school football players and their folks have been picketing both the St Louis County Courthouse and his home. They want their football back. Some of the surrounding counties allow it, so now some of the local teams are going to the football stadiums in the next county to play.

People are getting fed up with it. One of SR's docs told him this thing is "BS". I know people are dying, but they're taking it too far and making a literal political football out of it.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

I am waiting to see what the total deaths from all causes looks like and how it compares to 2019 and 2018. I'm betting there will be little or no difference, which will mean that virtually everyone who died of COVID19 would likely have died anyway due to comorbidities. It will be mighty hard for the "experts" to explain why total deaths did not increase in 2020, a "pandemic" year.
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier​.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Our benevolent dictator, Dr Sam Page, perhaps learned that you don't mess around with high school football. He's our county supervisor, Dem, very smug. Many high school football players and their folks have been picketing both the St Louis County Courthouse and his home. They want their football back. Some of the surrounding counties allow it, so now some of the local teams are going to the football stadiums in the next county to play.

People are getting fed up with it. One of SR's docs told him this thing is "BS". I know people are dying, but they're taking it too far and making a literal political football out of it.
    We're having a similar conundrum locally. Which is naturally all about politics. The city high schools cannot play high school football because their the school district demand all 100% online learning. Which contradicts the governor's edict.

Meanwhile, suburban and rural high schools continue to play. Defies common sense and logic. Which is sadly fitting in this weird era.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    I am waiting to see what the total deaths from all causes looks like and how it compares to 2019 and 2018. I'm betting there will be little or no difference, which will mean that virtually everyone who died of COVID19 would likely have died anyway due to comorbidities. It will be mighty hard for the "experts" to explain why total deaths did not increase in 2020, a "pandemic" year.
    fixed your last sentence for accuracy...

It will be mighty hard for the "experts" to explain why total deaths did not increase in 2020, a "dempanic" year.
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Washington Post admits school openings have not caused widespread outbreaks

It was one of the most consequential policy debates of our time. Do we send our kids out to school in middle of an epidemic that poses no meaningful risk to children and younger people? The teachers' unions fought tooth and nail to get many states to keep their schools closed. They even held mock funerals to protest the openings. So, over a month into the opening of schools in the areas where they failed to keep them closed, did we experience mass funerals?

Feared coronavirus outbreaks in schools yet to arrive, early data shows," read a recent title from the Washington Post. Kudos for their willingness to return to the issue rather than dropping it and moving on to the next panic-inducing prediction like a drive-by shooting. In the long and thorough article, the authors state the obvious: "Public health experts have found little evidence that the virus is spreading inside [school] buildings, and the rates of infection are far below what is found in the surrounding communities."
    https://www.conservativereview.com/h...647879884.html
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys