Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    Just found out the guy I first worked under as his assistant crew chief on B-52's in the USAF back in the 1980's passed away from COVID yesterday. He had a gruff exterior but I soon saw thru that and we became close friends and he taught me much of what I needed to learn about keeping an antique of an airplane fully mission capable.

We lost touch after i left the USAF but re-established contact a few years back on FB and remained good friends to the end.
    Iím very sorry to hear that. Sounds like he was a real patriot. Iím doing my part. Wearing a mask in 104 degree weather is taxing.
    Itís not a civil war until both sides show up.

Ten times more infectious than Coronavirus: All you need to know about D614G:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/77586073.cms

Haven't heard a peep about this in American media. Probably since it doesn't fit anyone's political agenda and the virus has become all politics, all the time.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog: If you can't eat it or play with it just piss on it and move on.

The United States Navy, fighting Moslem barbarians since 1801.

ďThere are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.Ē Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

Quote Originally Posted by old dog View Post
    Ten times more infectious than Coronavirus: All you need to know about D614G:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/77586073.cms

Haven't heard a peep about this in American media. Probably since it doesn't fit anyone's political agenda and the virus has become all politics, all the time.
    Our god, Bill Gates who isnít a doctor or a scientist has let us know that the real one is coming... I guess we all just submit and die! Itís so good for you!

I used to weigh a solid 220 pounds. I walked over to building 1 the other night and stood on the scale by the vending machines with very bad food, and I’m 200 pounds right on the button. I’ve lost 20 pounds and have never had more money at the credit union in my life. My usual habits were disrupted. My pants are falling off because my ass is disappearing. Getting older is so much fun.

On edit: My dollars are no longer circulating in the local economy. It didn’t take long to figure out where my expendable income went.
    Last edited by Tecate; 09-18-2020 at 03:47 AM.

I still have eight nights off of work ahead of me. Iím going to get two large pizzas and just pig out on them. Gain some weight back, or buy new clothes?

Get a smaller belt ó or suspenders.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Our Republican governor decided to close down bars that derive less than 50% of revenue from food for almost a month. Which means most of them, and in only six counties. Not really a bar regular much anymore, but had an unplanned hiatus for my show which is starting again tonight.

There is also a completely silly regulation in place now that a customer HAS TO BE SEATED to be served any drink, whether it contains alcohol or not. Don't drink alcohol during my gig, but sip on Diet Coke/Pepsi. Also stand up for my entire show. I'm curious as to if I can even consume my diet pop while standing, if the bar even cares (doubtful) or this is going to be enforced (also unlikely). There might be a roving band of Karen's from the Department of Public Health at the trendy bars & restaurants in the area.

Do any of your locales have similar rampant stupidity as a law or policy?
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Our Republican governor decided to close down bars that derive less than 50% of revenue from food for almost a month. Which means most of them, and in only six counties. Not really a bar regular much anymore, but had an unplanned hiatus for my show which is starting again tonight.

There is also a completely silly regulation in place now that a customer HAS TO BE SEATED to be served any drink, whether it contains alcohol or not. Don't drink alcohol during my gig, but sip on Diet Coke/Pepsi. Also stand up for my entire show. I'm curious as to if I can even consume my diet pop while standing, if the bar even cares (doubtful) or this is going to be enforced (also unlikely). There might be a roving band of Karen's from the Department of Public Health at the trendy bars & restaurants in the area.

Do any of your locales have similar rampant stupidity as a law or policy?
    Iím not privy to all of the details, but it seems there has been a tug of war going on with whatís considered a bar vs. restaurant. 51% of their sales have to be food over alcohol. Thatís a floating target. Iconic businesses around here are dying, and will never come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Get a smaller belt ó or suspenders.
    I work with someone who wears suspenders. Heís a good friend of mine and looks like a potato on stilts. The gym at work has been closed for six months.

Theyíre putting together a lawsuit n Harris County as the bars are locked down.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault