Thread: Bamboo laptop

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1 Bamboo laptop 
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    http://www.theage.com.au/news/digita...608713259.html

    The green weenies strike again . . . .
    Now, in a nod to the environment, we have a laptop clad in sustainable bamboo.

    Some love it; some think it looks daft. We certainly applaud the company for trying something different.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,873
    Last night on Comedy Central, they aired an episode of Futurama that I hadn't seen before. Planet Express gets a new, upgraded robot, so Bender goes off to an island refuge for obsolete robots. He gets made into a wooden robot, and of course, is totally uselses because he can catch fire and because wooden limbs break easily.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Last night on Comedy Central, they aired an episode of Futurama that I hadn't seen before. Planet Express gets a new, upgraded robot, so Bender goes off to an island refuge for obsolete robots. He gets made into a wooden robot, and of course, is totally uselses because he can catch fire and because wooden limbs break easily.
    yup. seen it. stupid greenweenies.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    http://www.theage.com.au/news/digita...608713259.html

    The green weenies strike again . . . .
    It's a laptop covered in a split woven bamboo mat .It's more cosmetic than green.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Great. In addition to all the other hazards that befall laptops, now they can also be eaten by Pandas.

    I'm pretty sure State Farm won't cover that. :mad:
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Great. In addition to all the other hazards that befall laptops, now they can also be eaten by Pandas.

    I'm pretty sure State Farm won't cover that. :mad:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsHXMxoCXeU

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    43,436
    Dell has em too...



    :D
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    OMG - gimme a break. and if you get hit by termites???
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,378
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    OMG - gimme a break. and if you get hit by termites???
    or pandas... Creeps me out just thinking about it.

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •