Thread: # question

1. #1 # question 
    Back in the 80's I could assemble a IBM PC blindfolded and write assembly language programs that (sometimes) worked. I am totally ignorant of "social media". What is # all about?

The United States Navy, fighting Moslem barbarians since 1801.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.” Vladimir Ilyich Lenin
    Democrat evolution: JFK PUT A MAN ON THE MOON AND OBAMA PUT A MAN IN THE LADIES BATHROOM

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    LOL, I honestly don't know either. It's
    just always been talked about.

A separator of a kind?
    May the FORCE be with you!

Tic tac toe. Shall we play? Lol! I guess in today’s world it means, “Look at me! I’m somebody!”

It's from Twitter (Which I don't use) and is called a 'hashtag.' Basically a keyword theme for the tweet like '#orangemanbad.' Twitter allows short-form messaging and (I think) attachments like meme pictures, but not long messages. It used to have a 140 character limit, I think that may have doubled but since I'm not on it I really don't know or care about the details.

As you can probably tell from the character-limited nature of it, it is basically a place to put up inflammatory BS without having to follow through on any kind of rational support for it. It also has a rep for suppressing any Conservative poster that seems to be winning and throwing them out for 'Violating community standards.'