Thread: Bullies and Appeasers

1. #1 Bullies and Appeasers 
    From Burt Prelutsky at Townhall.

A good one.

link

Recently, President Bush made a few derogatory remarks about appeasers while addressing Israel’s governing body, the Knesset. Over there, his comments earned him a nice round of applause, while over here, Barack Obama took umbrage.

A spokesperson for the administration was quick to point out that, although no names were mentioned, Bush had been referring to -- and the Israelis understood him to be referring to -- America’s foremost ambassador of bad will, Jimmy Carter. After all, just a few weeks earlier, Carter had been given the cold shoulder by the Israelis when he was in the Middle East for a meet-and-greet with his chums in Hamas.

Well, I hate like the dickens to question the word of an official spokesperson, but if Bush didn’t have Obama in mind, he should have. Obama, after all, has been very candid about his intention to meet with Muslim terrorists if and when he becomes the commander-in-chief. Clearly, he thinks he can charm them as easily as he charms America’s hopelessly naďve college students.

Appeasers, I should point out, aren’t evil. After all, they want to be peacemakers. They are brimming over with good intentions. But we all know what the road to Hell is paved with, and it’s not tar or concrete.

Appeasers are terminally gullible and, at the same time, unbelievably egotistical. When quite soon after Neville Chamberlain ceded Czechoslovakia to Germany, Nazi tanks predictably rolled into Poland, Idaho’s Sen. William Borah suggested that he could have prevented that unfortunate turn of events if only he had had a chance to talk to Adolf Hitler.

People such as Obama and Joe Biden are always going on about how everyone in the world hates America because Bush invaded Iraq. What they neglect to mention is just who they have in mind.
    Read the rest here

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    From Burt Prelutsky at Townhall.

A good one.

link

Read the rest here
    Burt Prelutsky at Townhall is an American sage .He cuts through the liberal crap and nails the real issues to the wall first try !

Funny GWB couldn’t just bring himself to just say: "Former President Jimmy Carter."

Oh wait - that would require absolute honesty, and as we’ve all seen since March of 2003 - that was ‘the first casualty of war.’
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Funny GWB couldn’t just bring himself to just say: "Former President Jimmy Carter."

Oh wait - that would require absolute honesty, and as we’ve all seen since March of 2003 - that was ‘the first casualty of war.’

Don't worry, we can figure out who the appeasers are! Sorry abuot your ongoing case of BDS.

Don't worry, we can figure out who the appeasers are! Sorry abuot your ongoing case of BDS.
    Ah, the ‘Instant Label’ reflex - instead of actually addressing the point I was making. Very predictable.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Ah, the ‘Instant Label’ reflex - instead of actually addressing the point I was making. Very predictable.

You miss a lot of points. He didnt just mean Jimma, he meant all that would appease. Read the op-ed from Ann next. And BDS is not an instant label, its Your syndrome

And BDS is not an instant label, its Your syndrome.
    There will be no point in time for some - that they just stop and say, "Hey, I made a mistake - by voting for the guy, twice. I feel like a fool." No matter what crawls out of the woodwork as his chance to effect the planet comes to a close. If my supposed ‘syndrome’ allowed me to avoid voting for the S.O.B. and not having to apologise for any vile thing he’s perpetrated on our country in the last eight years - I’m truly grateful to God for my affliction.

;)