Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Arguing, suing about Jobs 
    Querstion for yall:
    Health should be confidential, but health of a CEO? Moreover, if the CEO does not keep stockholders up to date on his health, it he/company accountable to stockholders? Read on...

Heres a great little video from CNBC with some great bickering over this issue (to skip to the best: start watching about 3:30, the bickering starts about 4:10):

Power CUer
    The health of a CEO does matter. What matters even more is having a solid succession plan in place.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

lefties only care about their own agendas. Jobs is in trouble for not playing by their agenda.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    lefties only care about their own agendas. Jobs is in trouble for not playing by their agenda.
    I suspect that Jobs & Apple are playing along with the lefts adgenda. I also suspect Jobs health problem is a wee bit more than cancer if'n ya know what i mean vern.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I suspect that Jobs & Apple are playing along with the lefts adgenda. I also suspect Jobs health problem is a wee bit more than cancer if'n ya know what i mean vern.
    No....? I don't. He's had pancreatic cancer, and I suppose it has recurred. There isn't much that's "more" than cancer. :(
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    no no - see - their agenda right now is one of controling CEOs their pay and their lives. Jobs is not playing along right now in that he is not giving them that control.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    no no - see - their agenda right now is one of controling CEOs their pay and their lives. Jobs is not playing along right now in that he is not giving them that control.
    I'm not sure what you're talking about, but jobs has had a $1/year salary for quite some time (lived off all his stock options all these years). If you know anything about Apple, nobody wants to control his life...he is the company and everyone loyally follows him around.

Quote Originally Posted by AHeneen View Post
    I'm not sure what you're talking about, but jobs has had a $1/year salary for quite some time (lived off all his stock options all these years). If you know anything about Apple, nobody wants to control his life...he is the company and everyone loyally follows him around.
    Have you been paying attention to washington lately? The LEFTIES what to control was CEOs make - where the shit - how they travel . . . . Jobs is not cooperating in that he is telling the press and the politicians to let him have privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    No....? I don't. He's had pancreatic cancer, and I suppose it has recurred. There isn't much that's "more" than cancer. :(

Ya think being HIV positive or having aids might affect that ?
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Power CUer
    I have not read anywhere any hint of that. Where have you? And what would make you think so?