Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Friday at Last: a Day Thread 
    Power CUer
    It's cold in DC this morning; it was 11 when I got up this morning and it will top out at 20 today (no snickering, Ginger, that's cold for us).

TOTD: When it's very cold outside, what do you do to hibernate? I build a wood fire in the fireplace downstairs (we have a gas one upstairs), and listen to it crackle while I read an old favorite book, with a single malt scotch at hand.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

It didn't get as cold as the weather people predicted, only reached 32. For tomorrow they are saying 24. I hope their wrong, although it will be Saturday and I have nothing planned but some work.

TOTD: I hibernate by getting in bed under a big piile of blanket and spend time between reading and dozing.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Work has stressed me out this week, so I got up early and went for a healthy walk.

The walk was interupted by hash browns, eggs and country fried steak covered in gravy! :D

Then I put $20 into a slot machine and 15 minutes later, I left with $224.25....

Now I am off to phsyical therapy and deep tissue massage.

I work at 1:30 until 10....then tomorrow morning I have to be up VERY early, to be in Las Vegas by 8 AM for a certification class. There is money on the table and I plan on grabbing all I can get.

One major pain in the ass at work is gone.....she gave a two months notice after someone (he he) set her up pretty good and she was caught in a major lie...in my line of work, you really can't be known as a liar...as I am licensed by the state...so the bitch is gone. :) But there are plenty of others ready to take over where she left off....just putting my time in, as I move up the ladder a little bit at a time.

Enjoy your day....I am three minutes late.

GALACTICA tonight!! :D that is all.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Banned
    It has warmed up to around 50. Had my Direct TV hooked up this am and am watching a Tina Turner special. She is an amazing performer. Munching on my world famous spaghetti so I am in hog heaven at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    GALACTICA tonight!! :D that is all.
    I've been watching the marathon on SciFi all day.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I've been watching the marathon on SciFi all day.
    SOME of us have to work :p
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Banned
    What's DAT all about:D

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    What's DAT all about:D
    DAT separates us from the liberals.

Woke up and it was 45 instead of the 32 forecast just last night (all the more reason not to trust global warming "predictions")...so I went for a nice long walk (prob. 4mi or so) in the wonderful cool, dry morning. Since then, I've been cleaning around the house, grocery shopping, and now ready to fix some marinated chicken breasts for dinner.

TOTD: Hmmm...doesn't really get cold where I live. Since it's 90+ 8 months of the year, I usually spend cold/cool days outside. Doing yard work in dry 50-60 degree weather is much better than in humid 80-90 degree weather.

I'm working from home today. Work laptop on one side of the dinning room table and personal laptop on the other side....

C. S. Lewis