1. #1 Trump Says He Told Pence to Ignore Governors in Hard-Hit Areas If They Are 'Not Appre 
    link

demmiblue (24,033 posts)

Trump Says He Told Pence to Ignore Governors in Hard-Hit Areas If They Are 'Not Appreciative'

Shortly after the U.S. death toll from the coronavirus pandemic reached 1,500 on Friday, President Donald Trump took to the podium at a White House press briefing and complained that certain state’s governors are not “appreciative” enough of the federal government’s help—so much so that he said he’d told Vice President Mike Pence, the leader of the coronavirus task force, to skip calling governors of some hard-hit areas.

Trump singled out the Democratic leaders of Washington and Michigan, noting that he had advised Pence not to call them as the healthcare crisis plagues their states and people fall sick and die.

“He calls all the governors,” Trump said. “I tell him, I mean, I'm a different type of person. I say Mike, don't call the governor of Washington, you're wasting your time with him. Don't call the woman in Michigan.”

“If they don't treat you right, I don't call,” Trump said.

Michigan’s health department is reporting 3,657 COVID-19 cases and 92 deaths. In Washington, there have been 3,700 cases, according to the state, and 175 deaths.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...a=twitter_page

Democrat governors demand more than their fair share of emergency medical supplies, then have shit fits when they're told no.

This is nothing more than greed and political posturing. There's no reason for someone who is as busy as Vice President Pence and his team to pay attention to idiots who do this. It's a waste of time because no matter how much they do for they it will never be 'enough'.

spanone (119,540 posts)

1. the sickest of all bastards.

rot in hell don
    ananda (20,200 posts)

3. Remove him now!!!
    Lochloosa (13,325 posts)

6. Someone cough on that fucker already.
    KentuckyWoman (3,038 posts)

8. I can amen that.
    world wide wally (17,594 posts)

42. So, he admits he is not President of ALL the United States
    No. He admits he's President of ALL the United States by not allowing Democrat Governors to use bullying tactics to get more than their fair share of medical supplies than is needed so that the government has them if/when they are needed for other areas of the United States.

And if the Democrat governors are mad then that's their problem not President Trump's.
    OBAMA'S H1N1 VIRUS: From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...1-pandemic.htm

Those governors care more about hating Trump than saving the lives of their constituents. Cuomo and Newsom have the intelligence to work with the president towards the common goal of helping people during a crisis.

I suspect TDB is leaving out relevant parts of the statement - standard MSM practice when they aren't fabricating "quotes" entirely. That said, why should Pence waste precious time listening to hateful diatribes from the Goobernors of Washington and Michigan (who just threatened doctors and pharmacists who prescribed and dispensed Chloroquine off-label for Covid-19)?

There are governors - Dem and R - who simply request what their states need without wasting Pence's and their own time. Maybe the Goobernors of Washington and Michigan could serve their citizens - instead of their political party - by making simple, diatribe-free, requests and not hindering the process of testing a very promising possible treatment.

BTW, where did Trump say aid would not be sent to those states?
    Last edited by SVPete; 03-28-2020 at 01:05 PM.
    Timeline of US Coronavirus Events & Actions: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index...tml#msg2169385

Timeline of China Coronavirus Events & Actions: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index...tml#msg2184146

Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!