Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 So, my trip to grocery today 
    My new favorite person!

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213229040

So, my trip to grocery today

I've been holed up for weeks & have only bn out twice.

I'd bn thinking of getting a huge precooked ham to boil. Scratch that. No longer $1.39/lb, rather $4/lb.

So, as I was standing there taking this in, a nice lady who was maintaining appropriate distance smiled from.around her mask & said, "Oh, I'm trying to figure out what to plan for Easter."

Now, when I enter a likely highly-toxic environ, my goal is in & out asap, not shoot the shit.

My reply: "Fuck Easter! I'm in survival mode!"

Her:

Priceless.

That saud, ya shitbag Kroger is price gouging big time. 3 lbs potatoes =$7!

"Cheap" eggs $1.99/ doz.

Everything was marked up.

Very very little meat, produce, chocolate 😢. Zero pasta. Real shit show.

Constant social distancing audio recording playing over & over. Employees not distancing from each other or customers.

No marks on floors where to stand in line, plexiglass shields for cashiers, masks, or gloves on employees.

So, if you wonder "Why?" about the hotspots in south, this is it.

We have 1 tiny store that they could not keep stocked pre-pandemic. Next closest is about 15 miles.

Also the store whose meat is often rotten because it's so expensive. I've literally seen burger there as gray as the roads. Almost got sick instantly when I saw it.

Wonder if ham lady has recovered yet? Surprised I didn't get the ysyal, "You must be from up north, cuz you say what you mean!"

Oh, & paper products section so empty I think they sucked the dust off the shelves. No limits on anything either. I was there about 30 min aftrr opening this morning, so guessing some jerk bought every paper goods product in the store. 🤬 surreal.
    The only thing wrong with going through ATL airport tomorrow, is that all the food places are closed!

Hotspots in the south? Where? I live in the south and we arenít having near the problems NY and other liberal shitholes are.

So, as I was standing there taking this in, a nice lady who was maintaining appropriate distance smiled from.around her mask & said, "Oh, I'm trying to figure out what to plan for Easter."

Now, when I enter a likely highly-toxic environ, my goal is in & out asap, not shoot the shit.

My reply: "Fuck Easter! I'm in survival mode!"
    This pretty much sums up DU-Member Munster's character: a rando lady says something generically friendly, and DU-Member Munster F-bombs her.

Could someone explain why a Kroger (or Safeway, or ...) is a "likely highly-toxic environ"? I'm mildly agoraphobic, but I just, "Get in, get it, and get out". And if anything, I'm casually friendly, especially to store people (because they hear every complaint, and probably get little appreciation).
    Timeline of US Coronavirus Events & Actions: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index...tml#msg2169385

Timeline of China Coronavirus Events & Actions: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index...tml#msg2184146

Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

That psycho sounds too cartoonish to be believed. One thing I haven't seen is price-gouging on food.

In Ohio it's illegal and all the food-sellers are getting reimbursed for special virus-related items (locally-provided) if they choose to sign-up, so where's the incentive? The risk of being caught gouging is monumentally huge.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post
    That psycho sounds too cartoonish to be believed. One thing I haven't seen is price-gouging on food.

In Ohio it's illegal and all the food-sellers are getting reimbursed for special virus-related items (locally-provided) if they choose to sign-up, so where's the incentive? The risk of being caught gouging is monumentally huge.
    Some things doubled at the store others went down or stayed the same they had glass shields installed between customers and checkout people, good thinking on their part.

Revelation 15:1
    And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.

Some stuff is up, and some stuff is not. Price-gouging 10 or 100 hams would be stupid. People going elsewhere would far counter-balance the few hundred dollars of higher profit.

I've used two stores, both within 2 miles of my home. Between them I've been able to find whatever we wanted. One store has none of some things, while the other has adequate or normal quantities, and vice-versa. IOW, the price and quantity inconsistencies are most likely due to sourcing and delivery differences, not price gouging or a fundamental defect in our economy (as at least one DU-member opined recently).
    Timeline of US Coronavirus Events & Actions: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index...tml#msg2169385

Timeline of China Coronavirus Events & Actions: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index...tml#msg2184146

Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post
    That psycho sounds too cartoonish to be believed.
    Another Moonbat who isn't living in one of the Progressive Meccas ( New York, Chicago, SF, Seattle,ect) and force to dwell with the Barbarians ( anyone who isn't a Far Left asshole).

They go out their way just to be as ignorant as possible to other people, and when someone doesn't put up with their crap , they act like they're victim.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

I've been a member there, several times, but they tend to lock me out, pdq.

And I pretty much completely avoided political posting, but they don't like my opinions on global warming.

Just saying, "What happened to the ice age? Where'd it go? What caused it?", will get you booted.

Quote Originally Posted by Munster View Post
    I've been a member there, several times, but they tend to lock me out, pdq.

And I pretty much completely avoided political posting, but they don't like my opinions on global warming.

Just saying, "What happened to the ice age? Where'd it go? What caused it?", will get you booted.
    Never question the dogma of the Blue Church; they love to burn people at the stake for any and all transgressions.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Seems bouncy to me that a chain like Krogers would triple the price of ham.