Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 IMO the only way to improve the current situation is to get more Republicans 
    link

struggle4progress (106,345 posts)

IMO the only way to improve the current situation is to get more Republicans

to take a public stand against the Trumpster Fire: once there's enough movement, there will be a sudden collapse of public tolerance for the Orangetan

And the only way to get more Republicans to take such a public stand is to start identifying them closely with Trump

"The problem isn't just Trump: it's the whole Republicant party"

We don't need to shift them all: we just need to put a healthy Fear-of-What's-Ahead in a good chunk of them, because they'll start visibly backing away from him

S.E. TN Liberal (454 posts)

1. Call it the trumpvirus.

Get more people connecting trump to the virus he claimed he had under control. Stop using the scientific name. republican’ts deny science, why use a scientific name for a virus trump should be associated with?
    BComplex (503 posts)

2. That's a really good idea, but until it is viral from every type of media,

they're too scared of him to take a breath on their own.
    msongs (54,457 posts)

3. get more republicans...sick? nt
    Ford_Prefect (2,812 posts)

4. It is terrible comment but I suspect it will take some GOP deaths of significance to change minds.
    They pretend to care, but they don't. They'd be fine with no matter how many people were killed if it gets rid of President Trump and puts them in power.

It's why they they've been LYING over and over again about President Trump and Republicans and why they continue to call him a "killer" and "murderer" when he has done nothing but continuously and effectively worked for the US, even for ungrateful assh*le liberals in New York who refuse to acknowledge what he has done for them in the face of their state not preparing for an epidemic.

Then they will be oh so perplexed and surprised and enraged that their LIES haven't worked. Just like they have for the past 4 years. Republicans/conservatives look at facts, Democrats are motivated PURELY by HATE and they are willing to do ANYTHING get what they want. And if they aren't careful it will destroy them.
    OBAMA'S H1N1 VIRUS: From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...1-pandemic.htm

S.E. TN Liberal (454 posts)

1. Call it the trumpvirus
    How about calling it the chinese virus, because that's where this shit got started, thanks to their cultural eating habits. Same as SARS back in the early 2000's.

But you jackasses are too afraid that would be racist so you want to call it something that you children think will harm the President because you still can't face the music and accept the gigantic ass whooping you got on election night in 2016.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Hey, lurking DUmmies, do you know why Republican Congresscritters and Senators support Trump and won't turn on him? I'ts because they want to get re-elected. That's why. Turing on Trump when he is so popular among Republican voters would be the end of their political careers.

In case you've forgotten, many of them in the past were pretty strong anti-Trumpers. (e.g. Lindsey Graham) Once they saw how popular Trump and his policies are among Republican voters they quickly changed their tune. When they support Trump they are doing what their voters want them to do.

If wishes were fishes .....
    Timeline of US Coronavirus Events & Actions: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index...tml#msg2169385

Timeline of China Coronavirus Events & Actions: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index...tml#msg2184146

Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

So in the interest of not wanting to be racist let's call it the obama virus
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.

The best way to turn more Republicans against trump is to explain how Trump mishandled the problem. Republicans, in general, don't make decisions based on hype. So, one would need to point out specific, verifiable bad decisions by Trump. A good comparison would be to show how much better Obama managed the H1N1 outbreak as I've never heard any criticism of how it was handled. Again be specific.
    To make a valid point, present data. Leave emotion out of it. You're trying to present specific information to show how one crisis was better handled than the other in the most scientific terms possible. So, show us what you got.

I am so sick of Liberals it makes my teeth hurt.
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier​.

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    I am so sick of Liberals it makes my teeth hurt.

Me too, only I have no teeth so it must be a lot more painful than we think.

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    If wishes were fishes .....

... they'd have a shark up their ass.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Power CUer
    Bathing in sewage again, are we.

Well, the sewage doesn't really deserve a response, but anyone reading this might.

1. Trump is being advised by the top people in the country (Fauci and Birx, among others. Birx is the real deal, BTW. Look her up, whatever you think of the President.)
    2. Trump is following the advice of these top people.
    3. If you've got enough energy to write anti-Trump diatribes on DU, you're not sick and you should thank Birx and Fauci (and Trump).
    4. If you've got enough time to write anti-Trump diatribes on DU, you don't have much ingenuity. There's so much you COULD be doing that is truly productive.

I, for example, have cleaned most of my townhouse, reorganized my office and bedroom, sewed a mask for myself to wear in public, set up my new printer (waiting since Christmas), figured out storage solutions for my kitchen, colored my own hair (first time!), rebooted 4 on site classes into online courses, complete with new video, assignments and exams. I have handwashed all my own clothes since this thing began (don't trust the communal washer), and deep cleaned my bathroom, have cleaned the window blinds, have sent my niece all my old (but nice) jewelry, have paid all my bills for April, and have been answering student email. That's when I am not teaching online or calling/Zooming my 80-year old mom to make sure she is ok.

Yup.

My advice to everyone, both DUmmie and non-DUmmie is to DO SOMETHING. There is plenty to do around your house: chores you've left on the back burner, books you have been wanting to read, athletic equipment you have purchased but have avoided using: Now is the time! Get on that treadmill, clean out that attic, read that self-improvement book.

GET OFF THE NET. THE WORLD WILL SURVIVE WITHOUT YOU.