Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1 Memo to New Yorkers 
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    9,021
    link

    bluescribbler (1,600 posts) Memo to New Yorkers

    Also to People from New Jersey and Connecticut. Berkshire County, MA is not your playground! People live and work here. The hospitals here are overloaded. Governor Baker has implored you to stay home, yet still you come. Yesterday I watched a few cars drive by the home. I admit that this is not a statistically significant sample, but I feel that is illustrative. Out of 11 cars, 1 had CT plates, 2 had MA plates. The rest had NY plates. You're cleaning out the grocery stores of things the residents need to survive. I get it. I really do. You want to escape the hotbed of disease that is New York City. But, do you ever think that maybe you are bringing the disease to the people who live here? Given that we know that you could have the virus for as many as 14 days without symptoms and be contagious, you could be infecting the very people who cannot shelter in place or work from home. Please, please stay home. If you must come here, please bring enough food and other supplies so that you can self quarantine for at minimum 14 days. Self quarantine means do not leave the house, condo, Air Bnb where you choose to stay. Do not go to the store. Do not go out for a walk. do not hop on your bike for a spin around town. Do not take your kayak out on the river, pond or lake. Regardless of how healthy you feel, you may be infected and you may infect others. I repeat, Berkshire County is not your playground!
    3

    Afromania (2,457 posts)

    1. Y'all need to chill with this shit. You act like N.Y. made this shit and some how we are

    Spreading it single handedly. We have the whole fucking world pass thru this area and we are paying for it. Yet somehow, as we battle this with no help from the federal govt and people like you buying into the game that N.Y.ers are spreading this. We keep pressing on without pointing fingers at the hundreds of thousands that could have brought this here, on planes, on boats, in the cars. Not only are we not pointing fingers at the ones who will prolong this by being stupid elsewhere after we have beaten it.
    They keep claiming that New York hasn't received federal help, they're doing all by themselves.

    This is what they call "no federal help"

    4 large medical stations with 1,000 beds
    640,000 N95 Masks and 500,000 surgical masks 73 pallets of equipment to New York City
    4,000 ventilators
    Medical Navy ship
    Activation of National Guard to help
    Federal emergency aid via FEMA
    Congressional bill providing up to 6.7 billion to New York in the coming year to cover Medicaid costs associated with the coronavirus outbreak.

    It's why they hate it that President Trump has these televised press conferences. Their LIES are revealed, though this only took 5 minutes to google to find what the federal government is doing to help New York.

    They arrogantly think that their lies are going to be considered truth.
    OBAMA'S H1N1 VIRUS: From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.

    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...1-pandemic.htm
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    24,816
    The causes of the NY Covid spread:

    • Large population of global travelers
    • High density living
    • High use public transportation
    • Major DeBlasio not listening to his health officials



    When New York Needed Him Most, Bill de Blasio Had His Worst Week As Mayor
    https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...ity-mayor.html

    ‘Blood on their hands:’ Teachers say de Blasio and Carranza helped spread coronavirus
    https://nypost.com/2020/03/21/blood-...d-coronavirus/

    Trump has zero to do with the spread in New York City. They just have a rotten mayor. And as far as other states telling New Yorkers to stay out, I concur. New Yorkers should not be allowed to leave the state. I am in California--which has less than 1/5 of the Covid cases (and deaths) of New York State--and we are on total lockdown. I can't get out of San Diego. New Yorkers should be under the exact same restrictions.

    In other words, to New Yorkers: STAY HOME YOU STUPID BASTARDS!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    56,410
    The World does not revolve around NYC.
    Or even the Tri-State area. Sorry DUmmies.
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    24,816
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    The World does not revolve around NYC.
    Or even the Tri-State area. Sorry DUmmies.
    Actually, according to today's briefing, New Jersey is now in the lead for Covid cases. New York's rate of increase is decreasing. (I don't expect the DUmmies to get that).
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Ape Articulate_Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NJ, Exit Only
    Posts
    8,805
    Swell.
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier​.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Power CUer SVPete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    13,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Actually, according to today's briefing, New Jersey is now in the lead for Covid cases. New York's rate of increase is decreasing. (I don't expect the DUmmies to get that).
    Because coronavirus has a known typical time between exposure and symptoms onset, waves can be somewhat distinct, and probable sources can be inferred. The first Seattle area and Silicon Valley infections were early, probably from someone who came from Hubei Province before it was shut down (1/23). Italy came somewhat later, suggesting some sources came from other parts of China, possibly through/from the Schengen Zone. The timing of the big wave in NYC/NJ suggests the sources were from later in the chain of infection, possibly from Italy and other parts of the EU (Schengen Zone).

    And now unwitting careless NYCers and NJers have/are taking it to other states (Can you say Mardi Gras? Spring break?).

    Courtesy of the SF Bay Area Counties SiP order that preceded Governor Newsom's, I've not been allowed to travel outside of the Bay Area since 3/17. Though I doubt SDs and the CHP have focused patrols along county lines.
    Timeline of US Coronavirus Events & Actions: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index...tml#msg2169385

    Timeline of China Coronavirus Events & Actions: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index...tml#msg2184146

    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

    BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member FDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,958
    The only New Yorkers who will read this DUmmie's screed is a few other DUmmies.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    24,816
    Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    Because coronavirus has a known typical time between exposure and symptoms onset, waves can be somewhat distinct, and probable sources can be inferred. The first Seattle area and Silicon Valley infections were early, probably from someone who came from Hubei Province before it was shut down (1/23). Italy came somewhat later, suggesting some sources came from other parts of China, possibly through/from the Schengen Zone. The timing of the big wave in NYC/NJ suggests the sources were from later in the chain of infection, possibly from Italy and other parts of the EU (Schengen Zone).

    And now unwitting careless NYCers and NJers have/are taking it to other states (Can you say Mardi Gras? Spring break?).

    Courtesy of the SF Bay Area Counties SiP order that preceded Governor Newsom's, I've not been allowed to travel outside of the Bay Area since 3/17. Though I doubt SDs and the CHP have focused patrols along county lines.
    However, 40,000 Chinese have come in since Trump's ban (through chain migration). Not sure if any of those folks would have been carriers. It does make sense that the European carriers affected NYC. The carriers from NYC should have been prevented from carrying it. I understood exactly why the governor of RI sent out the National Guard after them.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Power CUer SVPete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    13,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    However, 40,000 Chinese have come in since Trump's ban (through chain migration). Not sure if any of those folks would have been carriers. It does make sense that the European carriers affected NYC. The carriers from NYC should have been prevented from carrying it. I understood exactly why the governor of RI sent out the National Guard after them.
    That 40K is the number of Americans and Green Card holders who returned from China, not random Chinese nationals. The ban as announced by Trump on 1/31 allowed for that, with those coming from Hubei Province going into two-week quarantine, and those returning from other parts of China into self-quarantine if they exhibited symptoms. The MSM are playing games with people's memories and attention to details:

    https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/04...vel-how-905052

    REPORT: More than 40,000 people have arrived in US from China since Trump restricted travel. How?
    April 4, 2020 | BPR Wire
    Chris White, DCNF

    Tens of thousands of people have arrived in the United States from China since President Donald Trump restricted travel to the country following the coronavirus outbreak, The New York Times reported Saturday.
    ...
    Passengers continued traveling from Beijing to Los Angeles and New York under rules exempting Americans from the clampdown, which took place Jan. 31. Roughly 279 flights arrived in the U.S. from China, according to the report, noting also that the screening process was lax.
    ...
    Trump issued the restrictions one day after the World Health Organization declared coronavirus a global health emergency. The president banned foreign nationals from entering if they had been in China the past two weeks, while exempting American citizens and green-card holders to prevent family separations.
    Timeline of US Coronavirus Events & Actions: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index...tml#msg2169385

    Timeline of China Coronavirus Events & Actions: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index...tml#msg2184146

    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

    BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    24,816
    Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    That 40K is the number of Americans and Green Card holders who returned from China, not random Chinese nationals. The ban as announced by Trump on 1/31 allowed for that, with those coming from Hubei Province going into two-week quarantine, and those returning from other parts of China into self-quarantine if they exhibited symptoms. The MSM are playing games with people's memories and attention to details:

    https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/04...vel-how-905052

    REPORT: More than 40,000 people have arrived in US from China since Trump restricted travel. How?
    April 4, 2020 | BPR Wire
    Chris White, DCNF
    That doesn't discount them as carriers.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •