1. #1 It's working: California's curve flattens for several days 
    Power CUer
    I hear we're giving out ventilators now.

What apparently was important was QUICK action; a quick lockdown of cities and states.

https://californiahealthline.org/mor...-april-6-2020/
    A Tale Of Two Cities: While San Francisco Took Swift, Aggressive Action, Los Angeles Hesitated: A look at the coronavirus outbreak in San Francisco and Los Angeles counties, offers additional evidence that early intervention played a key role in slowing the rate of infection in the Bay Area. The rate of infection in both counties started slowly. At one point, Los Angeles County and much smaller San Francisco, which is a contiguous city and county, were neck and neck. Los Angeles reported its first case of COVID-19 on Jan. 26. San Francisco reported its first two cases on March 5. And on March 10, the counties had the same number of cases: 17. But since announcing its shelter-in-place rules on March 16, San Francisco has seen a slower rate of increase than has Los Angeles. Los Angeles’ cases have risen more than 48 times as high, while San Francisco’s have gone up about 10 times higher. Read more from Sarah Ravani of the San Francisco Chronicle.
    This, by the way, explains why New York was so bad. DeBlasio wasn't listening to his health officials and refused to close things down.
    https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...ity-mayor.html

We're not out of the woods yet, but we're doing better.

Power CUer
    If you're in San Diego County, check your zip code for Covid cases:
    https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/conte...Zip%20Code.pdf

On March 8th, Los Angeles hosted the LA Marathon. I had that stuck in my mind as Cali's numbers stayed low, compared to NY. I was trying to corelate weather and topography.

Another point of similarity between the SF Bay Area and the Land of LA is that screening of passengers arriving from China for symptoms began on January 17th, at LAX, SFO, and JFK.

The SiP order for SF and the rest of the SF Bay Area Counties was announced on March 16th and became effective at 12:00 AM on March 17th. That pretty much shut down trail and street run events from the following weekend onward (and at least one event, in San Jose, cancelled and became "virtual" the weekend before).
    Timeline of US Coronavirus Events & Actions: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index...tml#msg2169385

Timeline of China Coronavirus Events & Actions: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index...tml#msg2184146

Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    Another point of similarity between the SF Bay Area and the Land of LA is that screening of passengers arriving from China for symptoms began on January 17th, at LAX, SFO, and JFK.

The SiP order for SF and the rest of the SF Bay Area Counties was announced on March 16th and became effective at 12:00 AM on March 17th. That pretty much shut down trail and street run events from the following weekend onward (and at least one event, in San Jose, cancelled and became "virtual" the weekend before).
    True. I think Southern California often thinks it's separate from NorCal and reacts late.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    True. I think Southern California often thinks it's separate from NorCal and reacts late.
    CalExit!

Heard a few European voices suggest that France and Italy are looking at getting out from under the hob nailed boot of the European Union.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    CalExit!

Heard a few European voices suggest that France and Italy are looking at getting out from under the hob nailed boot of the European Union.
    I would love to exit California all together. I may end up doing so sooner than I thought.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    I would love to exit California all together. I may end up doing so sooner than I thought.
    You've mentioned that before. Godspeed and please do ASAP!
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    You've mentioned that before. Godspeed and please do ASAP!
    The more work I can do online, the better it is for me and the more possibility there is to move. Light a candle, will you? I am praying for a solution.