1. #1 Does congress have any say in ANYTHING other than the "purse strings"? 
    link

Takket (11,283 posts)

Does congress have any say in ANYTHING other than the "purse strings"?

all right i'm going to lose my temper now.............

This thread i've posted.............
    https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213248486

how is it the president can just hire and fire anyone they damn well please INCLUDING PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING SURE THE PRESIDENT FOLLOWS THE LAW.

We have ethics groups and inspector generals......... SO THE FUCK WHAT?????????????????? They don't mean ANYTHING if the president can just fire them, replace them with Donald Duck, and all Congress can do is just shrug and go "wow, that sucks"

Presidents can fire AGs and replace them with people like Barr who shut down the Mueller report

He removed Captain's of ships in the navy that make them look bad

He removed IGs for obeying the law and passing on whistleblower reports

He removed the ambassador of Ukraine (He's entitled to have people who support HIS agenda, even if Democrats don't agree with it.)

isn't there ANY KIND of congressional check on activity like this???????? does congress have any say at all on whether firing someone is justified? (NO) I just can't believe there is NOTHING that can be done when a president systematically eliminates ANYONE that can possibly stop them from breaking the law.(What law? Be specific. Democrats couldn't even name ONE law he broke in their shampeachment articles. Not liking what he does doesn't equal illegal. No, Democrats are mad that they have not been able to force him to do their bidding.) How can this be how the system is designed to work????????????? And "impeachment" isn't a realistic answer because there should be some way of preventing a president from doing something deemed unethical without having to go to the extreme.

They sure do get mad when their Obama/Deep State/Democrat spies/colluders get the boot don't they?

And no, Atkinson was not 'obeying the law'. He CHANGED the policy in order to take take a second hand, hearsay report and took even though President Trump was not part of the IC. Additionally the jack*ss was no 'whistleblower'. He didn't qualify under the clear guidelines as a whistle blower.

The ONLY interview/hearing from the Impeachment Investigation that has not been made public is that of Atkinson. And the only reason Schiff et al would not make it PUBLIC is that it PROVIDES exculpatory information and reveals the collusion between Atkinson and the Democrat House members.

President Trump had good reason to fire him.

Democrats, like always, are having shit fits because THEY are not in POWER.

And they are enraged that President Trump DARES to use the power of the office of the Presidency without THEIR APPROVAL of what he does.

TreasonousBastard (34,112 posts)
    1. Sure it does-- the problem is what can it do when the president just tells it to bugger off...

It was pretty bad when there were just 13 states and presidents like Jackson could walk roughshod over them.

The simple fact is that one person on a mission can confuse a large group enough to get his or her way. There's probably been research on this, complete with examples and ratios.
    TreasonousBastard (34,112 posts)

1. Sure it does-- the problem is what can it do when the president just tells it to bugger off...

It was pretty bad when there were just 13 states and presidents like Jackson could walk roughshod over them.

The simple fact is that one person on a mission can confuse a large group enough to get his or her way. There's probably been research on this, complete with examples and ratios.
    Democrats gave up the privilege of having President Trump hear what they want and work toward compromise when they decided to go scorched earth, 'resisted' for the sake of not allowing him anything he wanted no matter what it was and their continual hatefulness.
    Last edited by Carol; 04-07-2020 at 05:09 PM.
    OBAMA'S H1N1 VIRUS: From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...1-pandemic.htm

Power CUer
    Takket clearly has been asleep for the past three years.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Perhaps one of these brain dead morons will realize that Congress is not even in session.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Takket (11,283 posts)

He removed Captain's of ships in the navy that make them look bad.
    Wow, I didn't know that President Trump was also the Secretary of the Navy. SecNav was the one who relieved Capt. Brett E. Crozier (CO of USS Theodore Roosevelt) of his command, not President Trump.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Liberalism is what the stupid think is smart.

And now secnav is no longer secnav. s(*t happens
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Noticed how they glossed over the fact that the Democrats blocked the Stimulus, or in the past the Democrats tried to talk the American people into rejecting getting more money back on their taxes.

Trust me, people are going to remember come November, while the jerkazoids at DU will still be pretending it didn't happen.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Hey, DUmmies, how do you think Obama appointed IGs got their positions? Obama fired their predecessors, that's how. Did you whine about that too? Of course not.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Wow, I didn't know that President Trump was also the Secretary of the Navy. SecNav was the one who relieved Capt. Brett E. Crozier (CO of USS Theodore Roosevelt) of his command, not President Trump.
    In DUmmieLand, Trump is everything bad. No need
    to point out the truth...
    May the FORCE be with you!