Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 I have a friend who probably will be dead tommorow 
    PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    She is under hospice supervision that went
    from 3 times a week to 1 a week. She has been unconscious and hasn't eaten or drank for three days. They are supposed to supervise and help with a death but are busy with the 1/100 of 1 percentage point that has corona.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
    “No weapon formed against you shall prosper.” Isaiah 54:17
    Matthew 10:29-31
    "Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. "But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. "So do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows.

If you have any health problem other then Corona in Oklahoma bend over and kiss your add good bye.

"Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. "But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. "So do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    OMG that is terrible Rock. Don't know
    what to say...
    May the FORCE be with you!

I spent the day and watched her linger with her husband, I don't know what to say either.

Power CUer
    I'm so sorry. Frigging Corona.

They prescribed more morphine than she is taking but her husband says that will kill her,I told him all that kept her from dieing from the pain was the morphine for the last year. The morphine prolonged but now it may take. This is not a decision he should have to take alone. They were supposed to have someone here not have 25 people assigned to every Corona victim.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    They prescribed more morphine than she is taking but her husband says that will kill her,I told him all that kept her from dieing from the pain was the morphine for the last year. The morphine prolonged but now it may take. This is not a decision he should have to take alone. They were supposed to have someone here not have 25 people assigned to every Corona victim.
    Yes and no. As someone who went through this with a close family member, the hospice folks seem to always recommend more morphine than necessary. In my family member's case, they tried to take the patient away from the primary caregiver and at-home-healthcare worker and put him in a facility where there would be no doctor until the next day and 1 nurse or nurse assistant for every 15 patients. Very fortunately, another family member who dealt with hospital systems for years (at work) was able to ascertain the appropriate information and keep the family member at home, where there was a 1:1 healthcare to patient ratio as well as the primary caregiver who was retired and totally focused on the family member. It was the right call. In the end, the family member died soon after, but died with family all around and not in a facility with sparse care and no one around.

It may be a blessing that the hospice people are not there. I know your friend is trying to keep the patient alive--or at least not kill her with a morphine overdose. In the end, he might have to make a decision, but it will be made from love and not an accident of dosage from an impersonal system. I may be wrong, I can only go by my experience. But when I go, I want my family administering the drugs, not the hospice people.

So sorry, Rock.
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier​.

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    So sorry, Rock.
    For the time being I need to quell the anger aspect of this, it is not mine to control.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post

Went through this with my mom. I was called and told to get there immediately, that she would be gone. 4 days later, she was still in the room without the doctor bothering to see her to make the call on what to do. I called their office and the nurse practitioner came. She gave my mom an unspecified dose of morphine. My mom went shortly afterwards. My sister and I stayed in the room with her those last 4 days. It was tortuous.

Rock, I think the medical folks are terrified of this virus. I have a family member, a nurse, who's freaked out about it. It makes us all contemplate our own mortality. I'm just so sorry for your friend, her family and you.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"