Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    In the US, every ground force weapon and weapons system, and a whole lot of other things had (And has) M numbers. M1 Rifle, but also M3 Light Tank, M3 Medium Tank, M3 Carbine, M3 Heavy Machinegun, M3 Submachinegun, and on and on. They used the year before that, the highest number I can recall hearing for those would be the M1928 Submachinegun (Thompson) which is why so much WW2 equipment had low numbers.

G. I. Combat, The Haunted Tank, was one of my childhood favorites too!
    I believe the M in the designation stood for Model. So the Stuart's designation would be M(odel) 3 Light Tank.

And welcome to CU J E B Stuart.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Liberalism is what the stupid think is smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    Dang it, I would have bet the clip would be on YouTube but I canít find it.

Thereís an old WW II movie where the 45th infantry is in the UK preparing for some move onto the continent and the pfc is digging a latrine. Some Brit comes up and as an aside calls him ďyankĒ. He comes out of the hole like he popped off a trampoline and got in the Britís face and unceremoniously said ďIíve told you over and over, Iím not a yank dammit! Iím from Ardmore, Oklahoma.Ē
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Iím an okie made over several times in New Mexico, Arkansas and Kansas but have spent the the greater part of my life in Texas. First in Wichita Fallis, then Corpus Christi, Houston and now Conroe. I was in and out of the Permian once or twice a month back in 79 to the early 90ís logging wildcats in both Texas and New Mexico.

I guess itís the failing mind of an old coot but J E B Stuart sure sounded familiar. Too much time spent cussing and discussing the war of northern aggression I suppose.
    You an old mud logger? My dad was an oil scout for years.

I rarely discuss The War To Abolish Southern Independence anymore. Thatís not to say I wonít, but more often than not, itís a waste of time. Itís somewhat akin to the addict - Itís senseless trying to help one if the addict doesnít want help.

I was born and raised in Texas, albeit on the other side. I also lived up in the panhandle. Great country.

Deo vindice.

Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by J E B Stuart View Post
    You an old mud logger? My dad was an oil scout for years.

I rarely discuss The War To Abolish Southern Independence anymore. Thatís not to say I wonít, but more often than not, itís a waste of time. Itís somewhat akin to the addict - Itís senseless trying to help one if the addict doesnít want help.

I was born and raised in Texas, albeit on the other side. I also lived up in the panhandle. Great country.

Deo vindice.

Amen.
    Actually a wireline electric logger for 10 years 69-79 then hired on as a wellsite observer moving into petrophysics with Standard of Indiana. 30 years later I had worked for Amoco, BP Amoco, BP and BP America and never changed employers.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault