1. #1 Horrifying eyewitness report from the front lines 
    link

DU is dishing propaganda and lies......again.

central scrutinizer (8,360 posts)
    Horrifying eyewitness report from the front lines

Im redacting any names or other identifiers. This is not my story. This is the story of a close friend of a close relative. Although I do not know the nurse personally, I know my relative is completely devastated and cant focus on his work or anything. Im 100% certain this a real account.

....I dont need anything. Im on a 14 day commitment. I know there are a lot of people at home counting on me to convey the truth about what is real and actually going on here in New York. I am absolutely mortified and scarred for life. I have NEVER, under any circumstance felt such unimaginable defeat. Its the worst episode of greys anatomy. Its 100% worse than that nightmare you had that you left without giving report. Doctors are resorting to checking their own vitals and drawing their own blood if need be. They are moving patients around, pulling carts to more open areas to intubate right in the hallway, 3 feet from another patient. There are people praying out loud, absolutely begging nurses and doctors running all over the place in circles around them to save them. And theyre dying. Theyre dying right there in the hall. Were running out of oxygen tanks over and over again, leaving these people with nothing. The wall oxygen is being occupied by vents. People cant breathe and theres nothing we can do besides prone them and try to comfort them while another one crashes and needs to be intubated. So, you have to walk away and try to help the next. People are circling the drain, and put in que to be intubated next. My emotions and thoughts- all over the place- up and down-all day long. One minute Im hyping myself up saying, you can do this! Be smart! Who can you help? Then, I cant do this. This is terrifying! is it worth it? What if I catch it? Be strong for these people! Say the right thing! It might be the last thing they hear. 🥺 Then, Id cry. Ive got on so many layers over my face that nobody can see that Im crying, so I kept working. Nobody knows where anything is. Nobody is a staff nurse. Working tirelessly to perform tasks like starting IVs, foleys, essential meds, oxygen, etc. without a break to remove the mask for 12 hours straight. Not even a sip of anything to drink. I started with 6 patients and couldnt even get into the computer to look at a single thing about them for the first three hours. When I got in, it had been 27 hours since a set of vitals were documented on my vents. My vented patients are on drips to gravity. I say to myself, You better guess right because If you run that fentanyl too fast youre going to be the reason she finally dies. Its haunting! Hundreds of alarms are sounding every second of every minute. Hourly rounding is to make sure my patients are still alive, and for what? Theyre all waiting for their turn. During one of the waves that we completely ran out of oxygen, a man was strugling, praying in the hallway. He was noticed to be dead with his hands folded over his chest. He lie there, dead,for an hour before he was put into a body bag and moved wherever the rest of them are going. Labs are overdue from 2 days ago. Pharmacy is doing their best to load they Pyxis and were out of Zithromax, rocephin, and hydroxychloraquine every 20 mins. We keep trying to pull it because sometimes we get lucky and its there. Then we have to decide which one of our patients to give it to because its ordered for all of them. And these people are on carts in the hallway without masks and carts are blocking doorways, closets, utility and storage rooms. We put in a chest tube in the hallway. We put in foleys in the hallway. Privacy is not a thing here. Everybody has diarrhea. People are getting cleaned up- maybe once per shift. I did vitals on my vented patients once, maybe twice in a 12 hour period. I had some patients that I never checked a pulse ox on in 12 hours. There are a hundred or more nurses and doctors all garbed up, running in circles doing what they can, and its not enough.
    I cried. I got mad. I felt useless. And everyone said, youre doing the best you can. We all are! But, I thought we came here to save people. The reality is that we dont have the resources to save people. For the first time ever, as I try to pour water to a plastic cup for a lady to take her medicine, I think Maybe this is the end of the world! Otherwise, why would every- single- thing- we are doing be going so wrong?! The water wont turn on. When it does turn on, its dripping- drops into the cup. Then, I cry again.

That's all fantasy. 100 or more doctors and nurses - so the unit is over 300 people? And out of meds in the Pxysis (machine to sign meds out of) every 20 minutes - for meds that are taken 1 to 2 times a day - oh and meds are dispensed from pharmacy according to pt. orders so what is taken out of the pxysis is for new patients or new orders. All subsequent orders would be dispensed by pharmacy to the floor for the specific patient. AND NO NURSE WOULD RUN FENTANYL ON A DRIP, it would always run on an IV machine of some sort.

But the DUmmies?

Demovictory9 (11,325 posts)

1. that's horrifying. My thanks to you. I've heard from others that they cant eat or drink

all shift because the mask can't be removed.
    captain queeg (1,965 posts)

2. They ought to lock the whole trump clan into one of those wards

That POS will get the best medical care possible if he ever contracts it, thats whats disgusting.

3. Maybe he'll have to be intubated

And the resident can say, oops! Clumsy me! I forgot to sedate him first
    Dem2theMax (6,635 posts)

16. I would flat-out let him lay there and die.

I would absolutely refuse to treat him.

I guess that means I've lost my Humanity. I will blame it on him. And he deserves it.
    Democrats have lost their 'humanity' and they blame it on President Trump. As always they blame others for their own jack*ssery.
    SheltieLover (1,547 posts)
    4. Nightmare scenario

And so heartbreaking. 💔😭
    bdamomma (55,534 posts)

6. absolutely

heartbreaking, my heart goes out to all Drs, nurses and therapists, all first responders you are all angels.

We need to hold those who are responsible for this horror to the highest forms of punishment/imprisonment.
    Jim__ (11,965 posts)

9. So we're not getting the full horrifying truth from the media.

People need to know the truth. There are still people telling us that it's only old people who are about to die anyway. The truth exposes these fools for the monsters that they are.
    3Hotdogs (3,981 posts)

19. Step daughter is Rn at a local hospital. She and hubby live upstairs.

She was taken off her regular post at prep for elective surgery. That is because there ain't no more elective surgeries.

Says she is now in a ward where the only way out, is in a body bag.

I don't know how she is handling it since I don't see her much.... 12 hour shifts and overtime.

Maybe I'll have time with her over the weekend.

I don't know what to say to her when I see her.
    Olafjoy (451 posts)

24. Dear God it is Worse than War

That is the biggest nightmare I have ever read about. I have no words for that horror.
    Only one person DARES to question it and a DU Democrat propagandist jumps up with the "it sounds about right" jack*ssery.

2naSalit (37,276 posts)

25. Hmmm...

If it's true it's terrible. But I am not convinced that it is.
    flying_wahini (2,233 posts)

45. I was a nurse for about 22 years and it sounds about right to me.
    smirkymonkey (49,940 posts)

28. Force Trump to listen to that at a press conference and see what he says.

If the bastard had an ounce of humanity in him he would be doing everything humanly possibly to make sure that our healthcare providers had everything they needed to safely do their jobs and that our nation had every resource available to help stop the spread of this virus.

He just doesn't give a shit. This is just another opportunity for him to make a quick buck at the expense of the American taxpayer. He is the most evil, soulless man on the face of the earth.
    It's a LIE. No surprise though. Democrats LIE all the time.
    jberryhill (61,734 posts)

35. I doubt that there is a place in midtown Manhattan that is stupid enough...

...to do this:

"Pharmacy is doing their best to load they Pyxis and were out of Zithromax, rocephin, and hydroxychloraquine every 20 mins. We keep trying to pull it because sometimes we get lucky and its there. Then we have to decide which one of our patients to give it to because its ordered for all of them."

Apparently, they are indiscriminately giving hydroxychloraquine to patients with diabetes or heart conditions in order to kill them immediately, rather than to wait for the virus to do it.

The severity of side effects and no proven therapeutic value has already causes several institutions to cease their investigational use of it.
    DFW (36,845 posts)

38. I hope not, anyway. My daughter lives there.

I wonder if Trump can be prosecuted for recommending it. It's not like he risks his license to practice medicine, and thanks to Moscow Mitch, he retained (temporarily, anyway) his permit to practice politics.
    jberryhill (61,734 posts)

39. No, he can't be prosecuted for recommending it

It is a prescription drug. Obtaining it without a prescription would be illegal, and the only person responsible for the drugs prescribed to you is your doctor. If your doctor is taking recommendations from Donald Trump, then you have bigger problems.
    The idiots will believe anything, no matter how outrageous if they think it helps their narrative.
    OBAMA'S H1N1 VIRUS: From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...1-pandemic.htm

That is one hell of a run-on sentence.
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier​.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Cool story, bro.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar

Im redacting any names or other identifiers. This is not my story. This is the story of a close friend of a close relative. Although I do not know the nurse personally, I know my relative is completely devastated and cant focus on his work or anything. Im 100% certain this a real account.
    In other words, this Libtard made this whole thing up as a
    propaganda piece for DU and its readers. I've never read
    so much pure bullshit.
    May the FORCE be with you!

The DOJ needs to visit this creative writer. There is a point where free speech becomes slander becomes a catalyst for violence.
    Seems crafted for a purpose. Like a targeted "FIRE!" in the crowed theatre.
    Last edited by 3rd-try; 04-10-2020 at 06:50 AM.

Paragraphs are your friends. Get to know them.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

Im redacting any names or other identifiers. ...
    IOW, making it completely unverifiable. Either this is the story of the twat who was on CBS and has been debunked, or information that could be fact-checked has been stripped out because that twat was debunked. Carol did a great job highlighting some of the more implausible points in that work of fiction. And it's "hydroxychloroquine".

And how is this,

Nobody is a staff nurse. Working tirelessly to perform tasks like starting IVs, foleys, essential meds, oxygen, etc. without a break to remove the mask for 12 hours straight.
    not contradicted by this,

There are a hundred or more nurses and doctors all garbed up ...
    And non-nurses are "starting IVs"?

I say to myself, You better guess right because If you run that fentanyl too fast youre going to be the reason she finally dies.
    Fentanyl is used to treat Covid-19 symptoms?

This fiction writer has obviously watched to many episodes of

Timeline of US Coronavirus Events & Actions: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index...tml#msg2169385

Timeline of China Coronavirus Events & Actions: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index...tml#msg2184146

Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

My wife works as a nurse/case manager in the ER and Trauma center in a large hospital here in town. They aren't seeing anything like what is described by the OP. This town has over a million people and the ERs are busy but nothing like what is being stated above.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

sounds like central scrutinizer is describing what we have to look forward to if the left gets their utopian wet dream of socialized medicine.
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM