1. #1 Some folks never got over the way Bush stole the election in 2000 
    Sonnabend
    Oh good grief...this AGAIN????

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x4841653

kentuck Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Fri Jan-16-09 10:58 AM
    Original message
    Some folks never got over the way Bush stole the election in 2000

They saw the danger signs even then. He and his friends would do anything to gain power, including stopping people from counting the votes. What did they have to fear?

That they might lose? In the end, we all lost.

Now, eight years later, he exits the stage. Every way we turn, we face a disaster. This is our reward for suffering fools lightly. May we never again surrender to such ill-tempered and arrogant people in their pursuit of power and greed. I now know why the German people never rid themselves of Adolph Hitler.
    ....they tried to a number of times, you idiot.

*sigh*
    driver8 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Fri Jan-16-09 11:07 AM
    Response to Original message
    2. I couldn't believe that 2000 was allowed to happen like that.

To top it all off, Ohio was stolen in 2004 and that was fine, too.

I will never understand why our country allows our elections to be handled like this. We are supposed to be the shining example of democracy, yet we cannot even be certain that our election results are accurate.

We suffered through 8 years of hell and now are stuck with a country in shambles because no one spoke up in 2000. The election in 2000 was a coup -- plain and simple
    For eight years, I asked the same question...prove that it was "stolen"..and I never once got a real answer. They just didn't like losing.

DU....proof that man can live without a brain.

I have a feeling after a few months of Obama, they're going to start missing Bush. :p

this is the equivalent of the birth certificate meme that certain people here refuse to let go of.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    For eight years, I asked the same question...prove that it was "stolen"..and I never once got a real answer.
    Bev's still working on it - she just needs a little more money.

Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post
    Bev's still working on it - she just needs a little more money.
    (Snort) ROFL!!!! You know that still stings over there :D
    Donald Ian Rankin (1000+ posts) Wed Sep-03-08 12:51 PM
    85. This is DU - shame is in short supply around here.

Got to love this one...the irony is thick...as is the poster...

shintao (22 posts) Fri Jan-16-09 06:18 PM
    Response to Reply #8
    42. A Military Coup??
    Edited on Fri Jan-16-09 06:21 PM by shintao
    I really suspect that the CIA pulled a USA Coup on us. I suspect they have threatened every representative & their families. I suspect 911 is their doing to show they mean business.

And I am not a conspirarcy nut, a UFO/god/big foot type of guy. Something extreme happened in government in 2000. I find it strange such drastic occurrances have been allowed to happen. Why didn't the Democrats move to impeach Bush? Why was Pelousie appointed speaker? Why was she allowed to prevent an impeachment? Why didn't Dems impeach Pelousie for failure to act?

Why did an entire congress vote for war & turn around and say they didn't read the documents or understand the power they turned over to Bush? Why did they sell out America with these bailouts? Overlook Haliburton/Brown & Root? Overlook 2 murdered POWS & many others tortured?

This isn't Bush & Cheney working alone. Congress is there as well. As is the Supreme Court. I suppose if your entire family was threatened with death, you would act accordingly as well.
    Ummm, DUmmy Shintao, if you truly believe in what you posted here, you ARE "a conspirarcy nut, a UFO/god/big foot type of guy."....well, maybe not the "god" part...:D
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Got to love this one...the irony is thick...as is the poster...

Ummm, DUmmy Shintao, if you truly believe in what you posted here, you ARE "a conspirarcy nut, a UFO/god/big foot type of guy."....well, maybe not the "god" part...:D
    Funny how believing in a God is lumped in with believing in Bigfoot. One's a leap of faith....
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    shintao (22 posts) Fri Jan-16-09 06:18 PM
    Response to Reply #8
    42. A Military Coup??
    Edited on Fri Jan-16-09 06:21 PM by shintao
    I really suspect that the CIA pulled a USA Coup on us. I suspect they have threatened every representative & their families. I suspect 911 is their doing to show they mean business.

And I am not a conspirarcy nut, a UFO/god/big foot type of guy.
    Funny how believing in a God is lumped in with believing in Bigfoot. One's a leap of faith....
    I'll meet him half way and say he's just a plain ordinary DU nut.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

The Moonbat machine is fueled by hate, and they aren't willing to shut it off.

They can't find joy, and wanting but to hurt people who disagree with them.

None of this is going to come out well; they're about to blame everyone in the room when they f*ck up.

Then you really see this nation thrown face first into chaos because they vaule their insanity more then they love their country , or their children.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Libertyfirst (261 posts) Fri Jan-16-09 11:38 AM
    13. I have not and do not intent to "get over it." I intent to continue getting even.
    Classic case of BDS...or a mole. Either way, still funny. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!