1. #1 Evolution IS a Blind Watchmaker 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s

The guy's explanation of why the watch argument is a straw man is itself a straw man. Put life-friendly chemicals in a jar, shake it up, leave it for a while (say a few billion years) and all you will have in the end is a jar full of chemicals.

And its funny how many evolutionists are abiogenesis-ists.

Okay, the computer simulation is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. It also supports ID and Creationism, not evolution.
    Last edited by jinxmchue; 01-17-2009 at 10:35 AM.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxmchue View Post
    The guy's explanation of why the watch argument is a straw man is itself a straw man. Put life-friendly chemicals in a jar, shake it up, leave it for a while (say a few billion years) and all you will have in the end is a jar full of chemicals.
    Thankfully Megs was also helpful enough to post an article that really enumerates some of the monumental progress in abiogenesis research. But don't let that stop you from pretending it doesnt exist.... if you don't bother to read up on the research, you can pretend it doesnt exist, and continue to use the old typical canards. Read: http://www.conservativeunderground.c...ad.php?t=10145

And its funny how many evolutionists are abiogenesis-ists.
    Abiogenesis-ists? Inventing new words now are we? Why would it be funny?

Okay, the computer simulation is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. It also supports ID and Creationism, not evolution.
    I think I see where you are going with this. Since a human wrote the simulation, it proves ID? I've seen this same trainwreck of logic many times. Using that kind of logic would lead us to believe that any natural phenomena that can be experimentally replicated or studied is also guided by intelligence with intent... We can write a weather simulator? Great, weather is intelligently designed! Few things can illustrate such gross misuse of inductive logic, I'm afraid. In this simulation, the rules of the computer program are meant to imitate nature, and unguided selective pressure.... so the program actually confirms what it is meant to confirm... unguided forces can produce complexity and appearance of design.

On a side note, I recommend cdk007's evolution/creationist debunking videos on youtube for anyone interested... he has tons of them.
    Last edited by wilbur; 01-19-2009 at 04:38 PM.

One day a group of scientists got together and decided that man had come a long way and no longer needed God. So they picked one scientist to go and tell Him that they were done with Him.

The scientist walked up to God and said, "God, we've decided that we no longer need you. We're to the point that we can clone people and do many miraculous things, so why don't you just go on and get lost."

God listened very patiently and kindly to the man and after the scientist was done talking, God said, "Very well, how about this, let's say we have a man making contest." To which the scientist replied, "OK, great!"

But God added, "Now, we're going to do this just like I did back in the old days with Adam."

The scientist said, "Sure, no problem" and bent down and grabbed himself a handful of dirt.

God just looked at him and said, "No, no, no. You go get your own dirt!"
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:

Banned
    One day a group of scientists got together and decided that man had come a long way and no longer needed God. So they picked one scientist to go and tell Him that they were done with Him.

The scientist walked up to God and said, "God, we've decided that we no longer need you. We're to the point that we can clone people and do many miraculous things, so why don't you just go on and get lost."

God listened very patiently and kindly to the man and after the scientist was done talking, God said, "Very well, how about this, let's say we have a man making contest." To which the scientist replied, "OK, great!"

But God added, "Now, we're going to do this just like I did back in the old days with Adam."

The scientist said, "Sure, no problem" and bent down and grabbed himself a handful of dirt.

God just looked at him and said, "No, no, no. You go get your own dirt!"
    Struggling to see the relevance jinx....

Megs is Christian... yet is posting science articles and videos relating to evolution. Explain that... He must have just bought the 'atheist lies'? Or something like that??
    Last edited by wilbur; 01-20-2009 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Struggling to see the relevance jinx....

Megs is Christian... yet is posting science articles and videos relating to evolution. Explain that... He must have just bought the 'atheist lies'? Or something like that??
    You're not very bright, are you? Apparently no Christians believe in evolution.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:

Banned
    You're not very bright, are you? Apparently no Christians believe in evolution.
    Come again? Did I say no Christians accept evolution? I have never said anything of that kind... Or are you saying no Christians (ie true) Christians accept evolution? Or something else... you arent being overly forthcoming with coherent thoughts here.

Are you going to elaborate on your assertion that the this simulation supporting ID/creationism'?