Thread: A Solipsistic Sunday Songfest

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11  
    Senior Member LogansPapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    3,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Great One LP.
    Yeah, thanks. When I was a young man that song stuck in the craw of all of my authority figures. Made me think it must have a bit of truth somewhere in the words. Described well the mood of the day.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,455
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Yeah, thanks. When I was a young man that song stuck in the craw of all of my authority figures. Made me think it must have a bit of truth somewhere in the words. Described well the mood of the day.
    LOL! I always thought the lyrics were "mostly say hooray for our sign". I thought that was funny and appropriate. The song means nothing now.:p
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Member LogansPapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    3,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    LOL! I always thought the lyrics were "mostly say hooray for our sign". I thought that was funny and appropriate. The song means nothing now.:p
    No one ever said creatures of the night had to have an intellect.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,455
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    No one ever said creatures of the night had to have an intellect.
    I can "out song" you any day of the week...even if we stick to the Boomer songs. (when will y'all just die already?)
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Senior Member LogansPapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    3,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I can "out song" you any day of the week...even if we stick to the Boomer songs. (when will y'all just die already?)
    In as much as your kind lives for like a thousand years - that's not quire fair, now is it?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Posts
    13,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Sorry, I was experiencing a brain fart! :D
    Happens all the time to me.

    You keep thinkin' there Butch. That's what you're good at.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •