Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Global Warming Caused US Airways Plane to Land in Hudson River 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Believe it or not, global warming is being cited as one of the reasons a US Airways flight landed in New York's Hudson River on Friday.

Media were considering blaming the incident on the Bush administration until it became apparent that as a result of pilot Chesley B. "Sully" Sullenberger's heroic efforts, as well as those of his flight crew, there were no fatalities.

With nothing bad to pin on the current President, the good folks at Time magazine found [1]another predictable culprit (h/t Tom Nelson [2]):

Wildlife mitigation is the official term for avoiding accidents like these, and according to the government's latest report on the topic, it's becoming an increasing concern. The report, which was released in June by the Federal Aviation Administration and the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Department of Transportation and Fish and Wildlife Service, found that since 1990, the number of bird strikes has quadrupled, from 1,759 in 1990 to a record 7,666 in 2007. Officials cite a number of possible causes for the increase:

ē Most commercial airlines are now replacing older three- and four-engine planes with more-efficient double-engine aircraft. Because these newer engines are quieter, birds are less likely to detect and avoid them. Worse still, fewer engines mean fewer backups should a plane and a flock of birds cross paths.

ē While officials use radar and radio collars to track bird populations, habitat destruction and climate change have disrupted migratory patterns.

Al Gore should be very proud of himself.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-.../posts#comment

Comments:
    I am told that this was an encounter with Canada Geese.
    In that event:
    Just think, If it werenít for global warming, the Hudson River would have been frozen solid and the plane could have glided in for a perfect landing!
    According to Jay Leno it was the pilots fault, he said the Geese were honking the whole time.
    "... habitat destruction and climate change have disrupted migratory patterns."
    Utter BS.

Environmentalist wackos have gone out of their way to ensure that the sparse weedy wetland areas around the O'Hare Airport expansion project are protected. This makes bird future collisions more certain.

Geese have plenty of places to hang out and airports shouldn't be one of them. Take away the lure and take away the danger. But those libs place a higher value on animal life than human life.

I think Rush predicted they would somehow blame Bush and Global Warming.

Ah, Global Warming, if it wasnít for Global Warming, it would be fifteen degrees below zero here in Pittsburgh. Instead itís only 5 below.
    The biggest disruption of this bird' migration pattern is that people insist on feeding the damn geese and they have accordingly stopped migrating.
    The gosings never learn to migrate.
    I think this guy at Time Magazine has been reading FR. I put together a story almost identical to this yesterday. But I meant as a joke! (sort of). It will be interesting to compare the time his was posted to mine. I think I'll do that now.

So how long before Flight 1549 near disaster is blamed on man-made global warming? (birds)
    several sources | several authors

This has to be some kind of joke. That is the STUPIDEST thing I have ever heard.
    "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives."
    -Ronald Reagan

Life is a story; if you stay on the same page forever you will never finish it.
    "There are days you are the pigeon and days you are the statue."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Nope. You claiming the majority party uses the filibuster is the STUPIEST thing.

Take a bow genius.
    You're mommy is calling you.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    You're mommy is calling you.
    She was in the path of the flight !

Nope. You claiming the majority party uses the filibuster is the STUPIEST thing.

Take a bow genius.
    Once again I will try to shove something into your small little head. I don't believe that the majority party uses the filibuster. So I would appreciate it if you would stop spamming that everywhere. And compared to you anyone is a genius.
    -Ronald Reagan

back on topic - these greenie-weenies are too much. Too hot? Global warming. Too cold? golbal warming. Hurricanes? Global warming. No Hurricanes? Global warming. Species endangered? Global warming. Species over populated? Global warming. It's their answer to everything. MEANWHILE - the geese would not have been a problem in the first place except for these stupid ecoweenies and their demands.

If more people had guns we could just shoot all the geese.
    -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Mythic View Post
    http://www.conservativeunderground.c...ad.php?t=10178

Quote Originally Posted by Mythic View Post
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM roast goose...:)
    Say what ya mean and get to the point quick....I don't have the attention span to listen to bullshit...

I blame God.

If He didn't create birds we wouldn't have this problem.