1. #1 My parents had to put their Boston Terrier “Maggie” down yesterday. She was 12 
    I loved that dog, but I’ve been able to tell that she didn’t feel good the last few times I saw her. She had liver problems. My parents over feed their dogs. I guess it isn’t my place to step in. I can drop hints at best, but there’s only so much I can do.

R.I.P. Maggie.

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    I loved that dog, but I’ve been able to tell that she didn’t feel good the last few times I saw her. She had liver problems. My parents over feed their dogs. I guess it isn’t my place to step in. I can drop hints at best, but there’s only so much I can do.

R.I.P. Maggie.
    Sorry to hear the news, I myself probably over fed my sweet dog I lost last week. She had the same symptoms but the vet said they suspected internal bleeding due to bloating but of course there is nothing you can do but stretch their suffering if you ask for the exploratory surgery, it would have been hit and miss and I knew for a fact that when she did not get up on my front seat of the Truck while driving her to the vet to smell the fresh air along the river road, she was not in good shape at all. She did raise her head one time and twitched her nose. I think she would have died within an hour or two had I not been able to get her to a vet that was open. I have about 4 around me and only one was operating all others were closed. She was my last baby due to my age and my own need to finally follow thru with my own health issues. I got a call yesterday by the hernia surgeons office to call and make an appointment again. I could never do it because there was no one to take care of my dog, now I have no excuse. Who knows, should I feel good again as I did the first time I had minor repairs done I might just feel well enough to rescue another dog. I wish I could take in a senior dog that has no one, I never wanted my dog to go thru such a hard transition of being a family member then suddenly being an orphan. There would have been no guarantee the dog would have survived or not been left out in the freezing cold or heat. I hope your folks take in another needy one and maybe a senior dog that was orphaned.

After talking to my father yesterday, I stand corrected. Maggie was 14 years old yesterday. They still have Phoebe and Peanut. Those little dogs like to sit on your lap like a human. They sit straight up. They are so jealous for attention. If I wasn’t gone 13 or 14 hours a day, I’d probably have at least 3 or 4 dogs. The cheesy fence in the backyard sucks, and it’s hot as hell back there during the Summer. I couldn’t do that to them.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Dogs just don't last long enough. I've buried four in about a year and a half.

Revelation 15:1
    And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Sorry for the loss!! Losing puppers is hard.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Dogs just don't last long enough. I've buried four in about a year and a half.
    My parents lost a greyhound “Cricket” a Lab “Molly” and now Maggie during the last few years. I loved all of those dogs. They are family.

When I was just a child, we had a couple of Pekingese dogs. Angel and Dee Dee. When my Mother took Dee Dee to the vet, he said you’ve got to be shitting me. There’s no way this dog is 19 years old. That dog was 19 years old.

My stepfather called her “the brown bullet” Lol!
    Last edited by Tecate; 05-24-2020 at 10:55 AM.