Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Actually - if you do some reading - you find out that the the people involved had two reasons for the filibuster - bribery and lame duck.
    You called this man a criminal.

Yet he was never charged, tried, or jailed.

He IS an innocent man. You are lying .....again.

Sonnabend
    Oh look, it got the basement power turned back on. Did Mommy pay the bill?

Banned
    Do you agree with these fools ?

Do you think Abe is a criminal even though he was never found guilty of anything ?

Go ahead, I fucking dare you to answer the question.

Sonnabend
    I'd agree that you're going to blow a blood vessel, if you don't calm down soon.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    I'd agree that you're going to blow a blood vessel, if you don't calm down soon.
    I knew it.

You can't even answer a simple question. You even took time to post in the thread...but just cracked jokes as if that passes for a rational argument. LOL

Can you post a yes or no ? ...or are you totally against debate ? ...maybe you are only into cracking jokes and calling names like the rest of the sheep on this site.

You know as well as I do ...Abe was the first judge to be filibustered. And he was never found guilty.

Sonnabend
    I knew it.

You can't even answer a simple question. You even took time to post in the thread...but just cracked jokes as if that passes for a rational argument. LOL
    The description fits. Are you sure you aren't hypertensive?

Can you post a yes or no ? ...or are you totally against debate ? ...maybe you are only into cracking jokes and calling names like the rest of the sheep on this site.
    Baaaa.

You know as well as I do ...Abe was the first judge to be filibustered. And he was never found guilty.
    He was hardly a saint

During those hearings, Fortas lied to the Committee, although he had not yet been caught in that lie. The Senate recessed without voting on the nomination. When Senator Robert Griffin learned in September that Fortas had accepted $15,000 to give some summer school lectures at American University’s law school, money that had been raised by Fortas’s former partners and clients, the nomination was in trouble.

In early October, after a vote to end the filibuster on the nomination failed, Fortas asked that his nomination be withdrawn. By 1969, further revelations led Fortas to resign from the Court. A convicted financier named Louis Wolfson had agreed to pay Fortas $20,000 per year for the remainder of his life, an amount that continued until the death of his wife if Fortas died before she did. Fortas received the first check in January 1966, after joining the Court, and though he returned it in December, Fortas's actions were condemned as ethically improper.
    Looks to me like he should never have had the nomination.

Banned
    But ...when the hacks here call him a criminal ...they are lying. That is not an opinion...it is a fact.

Sonnabend
    But ...when the hacks here call him a criminal ...they are lying. That is not an opinion...it is a fact.
    So tell me, Ringo, were you this up in arms over the way the President has been treated over the last eight years?If not, then you're a hypocrite.

Banned
    WOW ...

You still can't come clean

Sonnabend
    WOW ...

You still can't come clean
    Yep. Hypocrite.

Thought so.