Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1 De Blasio Pleads for Federal Funds, Says NYC Faces $9B Deficit 
    Senior Member Banacek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Peoples Republic of Connecticut
    Posts
    15,384
    New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio estimates the city is nearly $9 billion in the hole due to the coronavirus pandemic, Fox News reports.

    On Wednesday, de Blasio said the city needs help from a stimulus program in order to keep the city functioning.

    “We are now $9 billion in the hole between the current fiscal year and the one that begins July 1,” de Blasio said. “We have lost billions upon billions of dollars of revenue that we use to serve our people. It’s gone. It’s not coming back.”


    https://www.newsmax.com/politics/bil.../27/id/969276/
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

    1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    28,469
    I suggest that Bill needs to raise taxes.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member Tecate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    3,174
    The $9 billion is just recent. They have many, many fold of that amount in unfunded liabilities, way before Covid 19. New York, Illinois, and California are all insolvent, and have been for many years. There have been articles on Zerohedge about this forever.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Springfield, USA
    Posts
    22,868
    Open up the economy, Warren Wilhelm (Worst mayor in America's real name)!

    Economies generate the tax revenue. Stifling economic activity makes it look like a leaky faucet. Not to mention New York and Illinois especially have been raiding pension funds for ages to screw up their states.

    Life is a risk, every day. Let's take some chances, but take the proper care in doing so. That's how normal society does it. Not a bubble liberal fantasy land.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member Tecate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    3,174
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Open up the economy, Warren Wilhelm (Worst mayor in America's real name)!

    Economies generate the tax revenue. Stifling economic activity makes it look like a leaky faucet. Not to mention New York and Illinois especially have been raiding pension funds for ages to screw up their states.

    Life is a risk, every day. Let's take some chances, but take the proper care in doing so. That's how normal society does it. Not a bubble liberal fantasy land.
    It sounds like standard operating procedure. On the federal level, remember when Timothy “Turbo Tax” Geithner looted the US post office pension funds? Robbing Peter to pay Paul happens when Ponzi schemes have no new money injected at the front end.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    28,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    It sounds like standard operating procedure. On the federal level, remember when Timothy “Turbo Tax” Geithner looted the US post office pension funds? Robbing Peter to pay Paul happens when Ponzi schemes have no new money injected at the front end.
    Most state pension funds don't even have the level of thought behind them that the average Ponzi or pyramid scheme does. They just kept raising the benefits to appease the unions with no thought on how they will pay out the benefits later on down the line.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member Old n Grumpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Sunny South Fla.
    Posts
    1,606
    On Wednesday, de Blasio said the city needs help from a stimulus program in order to keep the city functioning.
    Why? It is an overcrowded, filthy, smelly, disease ridden, shit hole that is run by an incompetent ass hole. If they get federal funds deblabla will just give it to his wife to mismanage.
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

    Toxically masculine and proud of it!

    I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member DumbAss Tanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    5,720
    Gone, as in like 'All the people earning money that could be taxed who could relocate' gone...?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    28,469
    Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Gone, as in like 'All the people earning money that could be taxed who could relocate' gone...?
    Gone, as in, the only ones left to tax have nothing more for them to tax.
    Last edited by FlaGator; 06-22-2020 at 11:32 AM.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •