1. #1 The Incredible Story of the US Army's Earth-Shaking, Off-Road Land Trains 
    PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    The Incredible Story of the US Army's Earth-Shaking, Off-Road Land Trains

Oh, your pickup has a lift? That's cute.

BY PETER HOLDERITHMAY 25, 2020

US ARMY

You need to get 500 tons of supplies from Fairbanks, Alaska to the Arctic Ocean—a journey of about 400 miles through pure wilderness. There are no roads, very few airstrips, and endless ice. You're going to have to withstand minus 68 degree temperatures. Also, nuclear armageddon is on the menu if you're not quick about it.
    You, my friend, need a LeTourneau land train.
    The DEW Line

By 1954, with the Cold War well underway, the U.S. government realized the quickest way to get a nuclear bomber from Russia to America was to go right over the Arctic Circle. If we wanted any chance of preventing a nuclear apocalypse, we needed to know if Soviet bombers were crossing the North Pole as soon as possible. The Army planned to build 63 manned radar stations in the high Arctic around the 69th parallel (200 miles north of the Arctic circle) as a result. And to transport all the necessary material that far north, it would have to get creative.
    Moe>https://www.thedrive.com/news/33645/...ad-land-trains

Revelation 15:1
    And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.

reminded me of...

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Some weekend mud truck enthusiast would love to get one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Old White Man View Post
    Some weekend mud truck enthusiast would love to get one of those.
    That one is still sitting on the side of the road in Alaska waiting for someone to salvage it.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault