1. #1 Local Hyperbole...Cannot believe this 
    Power CUer
    As you all may know, I have a friend who teaches in San Diego at a very liberal school. It's the kind of place where a teacher training session about "Racism in the Classroom" gets hundreds of attendees, but "Inventive ways to Teach Online" gets a half dozen. (Of course, all these idiots had to play catch-up when Gavin Newsom shut down the state.)

Anyway, my friend just texted me, furious about the latest nonsense over there. There is some kind of election going on, a faculty representative of some sort. Because of Covid19, they are all teaching online and a lot of folks either didn't know the election was happening or didn't care. One of the professors decided to have an online Zoom forum to introduce the two faculty candidates: only 3 people showed up. In fact, at the last minute, one of the two candidates didn't bother to show up either! That candidate is a black man. His opponent is a white woman, who did show up. The professor decided to continue with the Zoom forum anyway since the female candidate was there and the 3 people in attendance were interested.

This was a couple of days ago. Today is the last day to vote for this office and there aren't a lot of people voting. There is now infighting going on, and the ENTIRE SCHOOL is getting mass emails with all of this infighting. ("Reply all" is a tool of the devil.) Apparently, the black candidate is losing and his friends are ganging up on the professor that ran the Zoom session, saying it was unfair. They are also calling for a new election (and to cancel this one).

But what took the cake--and why my friend is so mad--is that a Hispanic professor, known for his rudeness to students, has just written in support of canceling the election because of George Floyd in Minnesota and the "this week’s even more vivid call for civil rights."

My friend is still a liberal Democrat and can't even think of a reply to this. Of course, my reply was, "Typical. The race card is very convenient when you're losing." But she's been all upset about George Floyd and police brutality and even downplayed the rioting. She's totally stymied.

That's what happens when you're liberal: when they screw you, can't even complain and don't know how to begin.

I have my own opinions about the Floyd case, but I'll keep those to myself. I'll just leave you with this:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...e-floyd-death/
    Last edited by Elspeth; 05-29-2020 at 07:26 PM.

Liberals tend not to realize that many of the aspects of their ideology are contradictory to other aspects. As an example, the support of feminism and the support of gender fluidity and the issues this causes in women's sports. An incoherent world view and life philosophy is the main cause of the clown planet we all live in. One side created it and then drug the rest of us kicking and screaming down the rabbit hole with them.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Liberals tend not to realize that many of the aspects of their ideology are contradictory to other aspects. As an example, the support of feminism and the support of gender fluidity and the issues this causes in women's sports. An incoherent world view and life philosophy is the main cause of the clown planet we all live in. One side created it and then drug the rest of us kicking and screaming down the rabbit hole with them.
    Heavy duty compartmentalization of everything in their minds (politics here, religion here, science here, walls between all with no touching or mixing allowed) plus mind blowing levels of pragmatism (I believe whatever is needed to match my immediate circumstances/ argument) equals completely missing their own contradictions.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!