Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Conservative Blacks Choose Pigment Over Principle 
    Conservative Blacks Choose Pigment Over Principle

In the mid 1980ís I debated Gloria Steinhem on the Phil Donahue show, during the presidential campaign where Geraldine Ferraro was the first woman Vice Presidential candidate. The assumption by feminists, like Gloria, was that all women should vote for Geraldine because she was a woman. I asked her if she would be supporting Phyllis Schlafly if she were the candidate instead of Geraldine and if she would be offended if I made that same assumption.

When Allen Keyes was running for president, as probably one of the most brilliant candidates we have ever seen, he was ignored by the liberal media and the black community because, as a black Republican, he was deemed either irrelevant or out of touch. I often wondered if he had been the first black Democrat running for office if he would have been treated better, and then I had my answer in Barack Obama.

What is it about this man that has thoughtful, conservative blacks like Armstrong Williams and JC Watts saying they might vote for him? It canít be his left of left politics that makes even Ted Kennedy look conservative. What thinking conservative could actually support a man who is going to raise taxes, increase the size of government, redistribute wealth, burden small businesses and the working class, and play nice with people who want to destroy us? It canít just be about his skin color otherwise they would have been huge supporters of Allen Keyes when he ran for president, and as I recall, neither were.

Armstrong explains his position by saying, ''I don't necessarily like his [Barackís] policies; I don't like much of what he advocates, but for the first time in my life, history thrusts me to really seriously think about it.'' JC Watts, former Republican congressman from Oklahoma, who is obviously more blinded by the light of Obama, says he expects Obama to take on issues such as poverty and urban policy, adding ''Republicans often seem indifferent to those things.''

Link
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

When your choices are commie or commie, what does it matter what the deciding factor is?

If I voted, I'd pick Obama. I like his suits better than McCain's.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FeebMaster View Post
    When your choices are commie or commie, what does it matter what the deciding factor is?

If Obama is elected, he will grant felons and non-US citizens the right to vote. Then you will be able to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    If Obama is elected, he will grant felons and non-US citizens the right to vote. Then you will be able to vote.
    lol. Don't worry, I won't.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by FeebMaster View Post

I've been told that if I didn't vote for the Magic Negro I'd be a racist . Are those black people who vote for him because of his color racist's also ?

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    I've been told that if I didn't vote for the Magic Negro I'd be a racist . Are those black people who vote for him because of his color racist's also ?
    Not unless they don't appreciate his suits, they are nice and shiny.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    Not unless they don't appreciate his suits, they are nice and shiny.
    You can not polish a turd can you?

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    You can not polish a turd can you?
    You can put a suit on it though.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    I pointed that out at NU, and guess what happened? Go ahead, guess.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Power CUer
    "In the mid 1980ís I debated Gloria Steinhem on the Phil Donahue show...."

".... yet I can't even be bothered to check on the spelling of her name". Who is this chick?

"When Allen Keyes was running for president, as probably one of the most brilliant candidates we have ever seen"

Too bad he's nuts, and in it for the self-aggrandizement.

"What is it about this man that has thoughtful, conservative blacks like Armstrong Williams and JC Watts saying they might vote for him? "

I dunno. I can't imagine anyone who has two dimes to rub together voting for him, because he's going to find a way to take away one of those dimes.