1. #1 Authors Retract Studies That Found Risks of Antimalaria Drugs for Covid-19 
    link

Kilgore (1,714 posts)

Authors Retract Studies That Found Risks of Antimalaria Drugs for Covid-19

https://www.wsj.com/articles/authors...19-11591299329

Two major studies casting doubt on the ability of antimalaria drugs to treat Covid-19 patients based on data from a little-known Chicago company, Surgisphere Corp., were retracted Thursday.

The Lancet first pulled a study published late last month that found antimalarials provided no benefit as a treatment for Covid-19 infections while increasing the risk of heart problems and death. The New England Journal of Medicine then retracted a separate article, published in early May, that examined the impact of cardiovascular and blood-pressure drugs in Covid-19 patients.

Both articles featured three of the same authors, Mandeep Mehra, Amit Patel and Sapan Desai, and were based on data supplied by Dr. Desai’s company, Surgisphere.

Surgisphere had said it collected the de-identified patient information from hospitals that was used in the studies. The Wall Street Journal contacted more than a dozen large U.S. hospitals, including some that treated high numbers of Covid-19 patients. None said they had an arrangement to share patient data with Surgisphere, and several said they had never heard of it.

What happened to PEER REVIEW and checking credentials BEFORE PUBLISHING?

To Democrats/Jack*sses SCIENCE is nothing more than another venue for them to politicize, which is why when they start puffing up their chest and calling Republican's anti science YOU KNOW IT'S ALL A POLITICAL STUNT FOR UNDESERVED POWER.
    still_one (70,066 posts)

1. Those weren't double blind studies. When those are conducted, we will see if there

is any merit to it or not
    The Jack*ss DUmmies sure did tout the LIES and FRAUD that their fellow jack*sses put forward.

Now the shit stains conveniently ignore it.
    OBAMA'S H1N1 VIRUS: From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...1-pandemic.htm

Howls of pain?

TWSJ is a "Reich-Wing" source?

Cricket ... cricket ... cricket ... ?

Timeline of US Coronavirus Events & Actions: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index...tml#msg2169385

Timeline of China Coronavirus Events & Actions: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index...tml#msg2184146

Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

3. #3 Mayor Lori Lightfoot denounces vigilantism in Chicago after white men patrol Bridgepo 
    dfgsddfx
    Last edited by Carol; 06-05-2020 at 11:14 AM.
    OBAMA'S H1N1 VIRUS: From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1)pdm09 virus.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    They and the MSM will NEVER admit they
    were wrong as that would give a win to
    ebil Trump. It's as simple as that.
    May the FORCE be with you!

I suspected this was all for nothing long before government and the media got carried away. I feel that opinion was validated as soon as the protests and riots started and the media shelved the pandemic narrative.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    link
    What happened to PEER REVIEW and checking credentials BEFORE PUBLISHING?
    "Peer Review" is nowadays about being a member of the club. If you knew the number of academic papers that get published with incorrect statistics, you would be floored.

Years ago, I was taking a stat class and part of our assignment was going through journals in the "soft" areas--education, communications, etc.-- and finding the bad stats. My favorite were the "researchers" who would have a study design that needed a chi square or multiple regression and, instead, had a T-test. Utterly ludicrous. But remember, the "soft" areas attract the touchy-feely and politically motivated students who usually are bad at math.

Over half the studies I looked at had all kinds of statistical errors. Yet, they all got published in respected peer-reviewed journals. This was when I decided that peer review was a joke: it's about being in the club. Nobody checked the math. The important thing is that they were toeing the party line.

"Peer Review" is nowadays about being a member of the club. If you knew the number of academic papers that get published with incorrect statistics, you would be floored.

Years ago, I was taking a stat class and part of our assignment was going through journals in the "soft" areas--education, communications, etc.-- and finding the bad stats. My favorite were the "researchers" who would have a study design that needed a chi square or multiple regression and, instead, had a T-test. Utterly ludicrous. But remember, the "soft" areas attract the touchy-feely and politically motivated students who usually are bad at math.

Over half the studies I looked at had all kinds of statistical errors. Yet, they all got published in respected peer-reviewed journals. This was when I decided that peer review was a joke: it's about being in the club. Nobody checked the math. The important thing is that they were toeing the party line.
    Very true. Truth and facts don't matter, only that it advances the narrative they want advanced.