Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Are we living in antebellum America? 
    I happen to think we are living in antebellum America these days. I think Americans are divided along very clear lines and our differences are irreconcilable. Given that divide, I see no way this country can survive intact in the long run. Civil war is the only way to bring about the needed change. I pray that I'm wrong about this and that the political pendulum will swing back to the Right and sanity again. Sadly, the empirical evidence does not support this notion.

The Left has control of education and the media at this time with no end in sight. Unless we can change this dynamic things are only going to get worse as brainwashed children grow into ignorant Liberal loser adults. Yes, we have big problems in America and I don't believe they can be solved without watering the tree of liberty with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

What do you think?
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier​.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Load your guns.

Revelation 15:1
    And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.

Social media is this country's down fall.
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    None of it will matter, it will be a foreign power that gets froggy knowing we have so many losers, start a war and we would have more looters and rioters in our streets than men in the draft lines. In the end all these losers will be shot on sight and then forgotten in a huge hole in the ground somewhere out east or far west. They won't be allowed in the heartlands. Things are unpredictable and clearly enough crimes have been committed for everyone to take up arms already and put a stop to it. If our military won't be allowed to kill thieves and looters and rioters then you can expect they will not get involved in a complete internal war between good and evil. It will finally get so bad we will have no choice but to fight and round all these scum bags up, starting with all the leftist politicians stirring up the coup... they are the first to be hung, and should be because they are clearly on the dark side. All it will take is enough people to decide enough is enough

I don't mean to make light of AA's question but there is a more than a grain truth in this:

"Folks keep talking about another civil war. One side has about 8 trillion bullets, while the other side doesn’t know which bathroom to use.” Rep. Steve King March 19, 2019
    I don't foresee a "hot" Civil War like 1861.

The United States Navy, fighting Moslem barbarians since 1801.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.” Vladimir Ilyich Lenin
    Democrat evolution: JFK PUT A MAN ON THE MOON AND OBAMA PUT A MAN IN THE LADIES BATHROOM

On a more serious note, here is the viewpoint of Victor Davis Hansen, renowned historian and classicist:

One hour audio podcast.
    https://www.hoover.org/research/area...r-davis-hanson

Article in National Review.
    https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...us-radicalism/

Also, of interest, a 2019 panel discussion at the Heritage Foundation:

One final thought. At the outset of the English Civil War there was no standing army; this left Parliament and the King free to organize their forces without interference from a central powerful authority. A modern American Civil War would have to originate with a federal government being taken over by one side or the other. How would the American Armed Forces react to a truly extreme authoritarian takeover by the left? Very messy.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.” Vladimir Ilyich Lenin
    Democrat evolution: JFK PUT A MAN ON THE MOON AND OBAMA PUT A MAN IN THE LADIES BATHROOM

Quote Originally Posted by old dog View Post
    I don't foresee a "hot" Civil War like 1861.
    'Hot pockets' of civil strife. Defending your property with a chainsaw type-of-strife. BLM and other leftist mobs will make too many tactical blunders to mount much of anything historic. Somebody was trying to organize a million-protestor march on DC and my first thought was TRAP THEM THERE.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post
    'Hot pockets' of civil strife.
    We are already seeing seeds of this:

Blue cities where looters and rioters are labeled as protestors, people defending their property as vigilantes.

Serious talk of disbanding and/ot defunding police.

Premature lifting of curfews.

No-bail revolving door for violent rioters and looters.

Local efforts to limit or expel National Guard.

Taken together it is clear that the left wants to increase violence and force the President into actually sending in troops. The public will support this despite hair-on-fire reaction of the left and MSM. I hope it doesn't escalate to this level. The virus shows signs of not killing the economy fast enough, this is their backup plan. They are scum of the earth.

The biggest problem is the media, first they only show what they want you to see, then they lie and bend the truth.

They all lie till it becomes the truth.
    Then you have social media where people are either afraid to state their views or when they do they get shouted down and apologize.

The only response to a demand from the progressives for an apology should be a loud and clear "fuck you!!!"

People are to into the social media which is also a negative influence in their lives. They worry about not being "mainstream" enough and negative feed back from a bunch of strangers.

The whole blm movement is based on a lie, that no one wants to expose.

BLM matters when it is a cop or whitey killing a black, but when they kill each other it is not worth noticing.

Another big problem is that our elected officials are not on our side. They side with the bums, illegals, lawless etc.
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by Old n Grumpy View Post
    Social media is this country's down fall.
    To your point... Instagram hoes co opt BLM protests to get attention on the web showing cleavage and ass.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...cklash-twitter
    Last edited by Tecate; 06-06-2020 at 01:42 PM.