Hybrid View

1. #1 The Black plague has swept through an al Qaeda terror training camp, killing 40 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Deadliest weapon so far... the plague ,Terrorists train ... but they face invisible killer

AD 1348. 30,000 in London dead
    BLACK Death is believed to have started in Asia and then spread across Europe during the 14th century with plague rats reaching Britain in 1348.

The last outbreak in 1665 claimed the lives of 30,000 Londoners.

Nowadays the plague can be treated with antibiotics and deaths are rare. It has become virtually unheard of in the developed world.

But the World Health Organisation still reports several thousand cases a year, mainly in southern Asia, southern Africa and central America.

Between 1989 and 2003 there were more than 38,000 cases — causing 2,845 deaths — in 25 countries. The last known major outbreak started in China’s Yunan Province in 1865.

Fleas on rats spread the plague to neighbouring India, causing 12million deaths. It was still killing 200 people a year until 1959. The US and Peru had four non-fatal cases in 2002.

ANTI-TERROR bosses last night hailed their latest ally in the war on terror — the BLACK DEATH.

At least 40 al-Qaeda fanatics died horribly after being struck down with the disease that devastated Europe in the Middle Ages.

Epidemic ... in Britain in 1665
    The killer bug, also known as the plague, swept through insurgents training at a forest camp in Algeria, North Africa. It came to light when security forces found a body by a roadside.

The victim was a terrorist in AQLIM (al-Qaeda in the Land of the Islamic Maghreb), the largest and most powerful al-Qaeda group outside the Middle East.

It trains Muslim fighters to kill British and US troops.

Now al-Qaeda chiefs fear the plague has been passed to other terror cells — or Taliban fighters in Afghanistan.
    One security source said: “This is the deadliest weapon yet in the war against terror. Most of the terrorists do not have the basic medical supplies needed to treat the disease.
    “It spreads quickly and kills within hours. This will be really worrying al-Qaeda.”
    Black Death comes in various forms.

Bubonic Plague is spread by bites from infected rat fleas. Symptoms include boils in the groin, neck and armpits. In Pneumonic Plague, airborn bacteria spread like flu.

It can be in the body for more than a week — highly contagious but not revealing tell-tale symptoms.
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle2146286.ece

Only 40? I suspect that this must be President Bush's fault.
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals

wait for it . . . the left will accuse Bush of germ warefare. Wait and see.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

You can bet your next paycheck on the media screaming that. I'm surprised it's not headline news on CNN.
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals

The Black Plague! That is a completely racist name for a disease. Blacks never kill in such mass numbers. Blacks only kill one at a time. This should be called the White Plague because it fits with the killer heretiage of the white man </du mode>

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis