Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 A Driver Refused to Drive Bus with Slogan"There's probably no God". 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Man refuses to drive 'No God' bus

A Christian bus driver has refused to drive a bus with an atheist slogan proclaiming "There's probably no God". Ron Heather, from Southampton, Hampshire, responded with "shock" and "horror" at the message and walked out of his shift on Saturday in protest.

First Bus said it would do everything in its power to ensure Mr Heather does not have to drive the buses.
    Buses across Britain started displaying atheist messages in an advertising campaign launched earlier this month. Mr Heather told BBC Radio Solent: "I was just about to board and there it was staring me in the face, my first reaction was shock horror.

"I felt that I could not drive that bus, I told my managers and they said they haven't got another one and I thought I better go home, so I did. "I think it was the starkness of this advert which implied there was no God." When he returned to work on Monday he was called into a meeting with managers and agreed to go back to work with the promise he would only have to drive the buses if there were no others available.

First Bus said in a statement: "As a company we understand Mr Heather's views regarding the atheist bus advert and we are doing what we can to accommodate his request not to drive the buses concerned." It added: "As an organisation we don't endorse any of the products or sentiments advertised on our buses.
    "The content of this advert has been approved by the Advertising Standards Agency and therefore it is capable of being posted on static sites or anywhere else."

The advertising campaign is backed by the British Humanist Association and prominent atheist, Professor Richard Dawkins. Hanne Stinson, chief executive of the British Humanist Association, said: "I have difficulty understanding why people with particular religious beliefs find the expression of a different sort of beliefs to be offensive. "I can't understand why some people seem to have a different attitude when it comes to atheists."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...re/7832647.stm

That's all right. I almost got creamed by "God's Love Bus" once. One of my coworkers at that time, who is also an ordained minister, told me it was a message from God. I guess it was, because I started going back to church not too long afterwards-just not to that church, as I'm afraid their bus driver will crash into my car while I'm in the worship service.

A calm rational resolution? :eek:No lawsuits or firings? :eek:Common sense isn't completely dead yet is it?

Hanne Stinson, chief executive of the British Humanist Association, said: "I have difficulty understanding why people with particular religious beliefs find the expression of a different sort of beliefs to be offensive.

"I can't understand why some people seem to have a different attitude when it comes to atheists."
    The irony of that statement coming from an atheist is amazing though, considering many of them are right beside islamofacists (not Muslims) when it comes to refusing any mention of opposing viewpoints in a public arena.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Let's get some "God exists and atheists are going to Hell" buses and see how many atheists will drive them.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    A calm rational resolution? :eek:No lawsuits or firings? :eek:Common sense isn't completely dead yet is it?
    We're British, don't you know.

The irony of that statement coming from an atheist is amazing though, considering many of them are right beside islamofacists (not Muslims) when it comes to refusing any mention of opposing viewpoints in a public arena.
    Examples?

I guess you can't use Christopher Hitchens or Richard Dawkins as examples, since they both frequently debate the issue with the more religiously inclined from each of the three major monotheistic religions.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    That's all right. I almost got creamed by "God's Love Bus" once. One of my coworkers at that time, who is also an ordained minister, told me it was a message from God. I guess it was, because I started going back to church not too long afterwards-just not to that church, as I'm afraid their bus driver will crash into my car while I'm in the worship service.
    Your little story stinks to high heaven. Just like the one about your sis getting berated about allowing a disgusting Fag Float. Since you voted for Obama, sounds like you are sympathetic to their causes.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Your little story stinks to high heaven. Just like the one about your sis getting berated about allowing a disgusting Fag Float. Since you voted for Obama, sounds like you are sympathetic to their causes.
    Disgusting Fag Float

two scoops french vanilla ice cream
    2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
    cream soda
    whipped cream
    sprinkles

The San Francisco Treat
    (hard to find them outside the bay area)
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by jinxmchue View Post
    Let's get some "God exists and atheists are going to Hell" buses and see how many atheists will drive them.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I disagree, I debate with atheists all the time and most are willing to debate my point of view. One of the things I've come to realize is those who believe in no God and those who believe in God have more in common than either side realizes. I don't want to get into a big debate on this, but sit down some time and muse on the pro arguments for each side and the feelings behind them.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    We're British, don't you know.
    Which almost makes it more surprising given all the bending over to sharia law and Orwellian surveillance stories coming out of the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    Examples?

I guess you can't use Christopher Hitchens or Richard Dawkins as examples, since they both frequently debate the issue with the more religiously inclined from each of the three major monotheistic religions.
    The annual Happy Holidays vs Merry Christmas fight comes immediately to mind. Many loud mouthed atheists refusal to allow school kids to know that there are theories other than evolution and the big bang about where earth and people came from springs up as well. The stupid belief of many faith challenged folks that once you are elected to office, your faith and convictions have to be put in a little box and never let out in public or allowed to influence your policies and decisions.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!