Thread: Navy christens newest attack submarine in Conn.

1. #1 Navy christens newest attack submarine in Conn. 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Excellent!

GROTON, Conn. (AP) -- The Navy's newest attack submarine, the New Hampshire, was christened Saturday, delivered eight months ahead of schedule and $54 million under budget.

The New Hampshire was christened by the widow of a pilot killed in the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

"I believe I'm looking at heroes," Cheryl McGuinness of Portsmouth, N.H., said, looking at the ship's crew. "You all are my heroes."

Thomas McGuinness was co-pilot of American Airlines Flight 11, which was flown into the World Trade Center's north tower.
    Can't have too many of these with the invasion of Iran right around the corner. :D

Banned
    One of the key reasons Lieberman keeps getting re-elected here in Connecticut is his consistent defense of the Groton facilities against closure.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Excellent!

Can't have too many of these with the invasion of Iran right around the corner. :D
    688's and Virginia class Littoral/(Up the muddy rivers in China)class fast attack subs are good but to really ruin their day it takes a boomer loaded with D5' S ICBMs or Bunkerbusters !