1. #1 More jellyfish Republicans 
    The American Government Still Owes a Debt’: Reparations Bill Gaining Steam in House

Representative Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX) on Wednesday called for the passage of a bill to study slave reparations and how distribution would occur. Originally proposed in Jan. 2019, the bill has gained traction since the killing of George Floyd.

The Commission to Study and Develop Reparation Proposals for African-Americans Act would investigate if Blacks should get reparations and what the process would look like. The Congressional Black Caucus has taken the lead on getting the bill in front of the House.

Jackson Lee said there is “no better time” for the bill to be in the national conversation.
    https://saraacarter.com/the-american...team-in-house/
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

We need to stop expecting the GOP to come around and take a stand. They don't really stand for anything except getting reelected; and they continue to. Take Lindsey Graham for example. The man SAYS all the right things, but he doesn't DO a godamned thing. We need heroes and we get milquetoasts. I believe Trump will be reelected, not by the GOP but by his base, which is less Republican and more patriotic.

As I have mentioned before, I think we are heading for, at best, a period of increasing civil unrest and, at worst, a full on guerrilla civil war. Time will tell. I think America will break up along ideological lines. On the other hand, the blowback from the silent majority has yet to be felt and that could turn the tide in the other direction. Most people are sheep, they will follow whatever they are being told to follow. If the tide turns the other direction, the same regular people who got sucked into this madness will turn on a dime and go the other way. Sad but true.

Who knows what's going to happen? Right now we have a leader in Trump, but what happens when Trump leaves office? Who will lead the Right? The current GOP lacks anyone with the intestinal fortitude to take on what Trump has. Please correct me if I am wrong.

In the end, the silent majority will decide what it allows to happen to America. I just hope they decide to defend her.
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier​.

The American Government Still Owes a Debt
    That debt was paid, in blood, by the over 600,000 men and boys who fought a war to end slavery as well as the president who freed them.
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Would that nutjob Sheila Jackson Lee qualify? Her parents were Jamaican immigrants.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

They can propose and discuss what reparations would look like and how they’ll be distributed all they want. The bill will never go anywhere.

BTW, is there a congressional White caucus? Just saying...
    It’s not a civil war until both sides show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    They can propose and discuss what reparations would look like and how they’ll be distributed all they want. The bill will never go anywhere.

BTW, is there a congressional White caucus? Just saying...
    Or is there WET---there should be White Entertainment TV just like there's BET. But that would never happen. It would be racist!
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Jackson Lee said there is “no better time” for the bill to be in the national conversation.
    "No better time" AKA an election year where D's are looking at getting their mascot handed to them.

BTW, I'd like to ask the committee many questions, like to recent (first and second generation) African immigrants qualify to receive these reparations? What if their ancestry is connected to the African tribes and nations who were gathering and selling slaves? Will Americans of Middle Eastern descent have to pay in for their Muslim slave trader ancestors part in slavery? Will whipepol like myself whose family did not come to America until long after the 13th amendment abolished slavery be exempt from paying in to this debacle? Will the latino population be held accountable for the Spaniard's heavy hand in bringing slaves to the New World? Is this just pandering that will get lost in the bureaucratic shuffle until the 2022 midterms and 2024 elections?

I can answer the last one, but I'd like to hear the Congress critters squirm.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!