Thread: Obama Supporters in DC Want Bush Arrested

1. #1 Obama Supporters in DC Want Bush Arrested 
    Resident Grump
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x4858114

davidswanson (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Mon Jan-19-09 08:28 AM
    Original message Obama Supporters in DC Want Bush Arrested Updated at 8:28 AM

Sunday evening I spoke on a panel in Washington, D.C., about war crimes, and in walked a group of spirited activists led by Laurie Arbeiter wearing "Arrest Bush" sweatshirts and carrying "Arrest Bush" signs, and they were absolutely dumfounded by what they had just experienced. They'd spent the day at the train station in D.C. and on the streets of D.C. as excited Obama celebrators poured in by the tens of thousands, and they'd been unable to walk a dozen steps without people stopping them to have their photo taken with an "Arrest Bush" sign.

It's worth remembering that Bush is approved by 22 percent of Americans and a smaller percentage of non-Americans. It's hard to get under 20 percent in any poll in this country. More people believe in UFOs than approve of Bush. The media meme that prosecuting Bush would cost Obama political capital has not been proven false, but it is absolutely baseless until someone produces something to base it on.

So we had a little strategy meeting Sunday night and produced hard copies of an already running petition asking Eric Holder to appoint a Special Prosecutor. We got clipboards and pens and identified teams. As I write this Monday morning we are preparing to gather at Dupont Circle for a rally at 11 a.m. followed by a march to the White House where we will throw shoes at the outgoing war criminal. On Tuesday we have a permit for the whole sidewalk in front of the FBI Building along the parade, and we'll let you in if you have a sign that says "Arrest Bush." No other ticket required. At these and many other events and all over the city in the next two days, we hope to add many thousands of new people to the petition and collect their contact information to integrate them into the movement to get tough on (the biggest) crime.

If you're not in DC, you can sign the petition yourself or print out a PDF to collect signatures in the real world at http://convictbushcheney.org

This is not a fantasy, boys and girls. The New York Times' Scott Shane and Attorney General Mukasey agree with me that prosecution is now going to be hard to avoid.
    Suuure he does....

When even Nancy Pelosi has figured out where we're going, you know the winds of change are blowing strong. That's the dangerous thing about telling people that anything is possible: they'll end up insisting on what they really want. And they want lots of new laws, but they very dearly want us to start enforcing the old ones too.
    Still waiting to see just what laws he has broken

BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x4858114

Suuure he does....

Still waiting to see just what laws he has broken

Wow.. Liberals coming to see Obama sworn into office like your idea of "Arrest Bush" and have pictures taken with you. I do not believe it..

What's next? You're going to tell me water is wet?

Resident Grump
    jimlup Donating Member (604 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Mon Jan-19-09 09:08 AM
    Response to Original message
    7. As Bush walks off the stage on Tuesday Slap on the handcuffs and haul he (and Cheney) off to jail where he can await trial for capital TREASON.
    Riighttt....

His greatest crimes which is the war of aggression on Iraq is the least likely to be prosecuted.
    The war that Congress voted to approve?That one?

Oh well, I guess there is the reality of politics and all but hell! Let's get this guy. Can't we do something independent of Obama so that his hands are "clean". Or does that put him in the awkward position of having to issue a pardon if we push too hard?
    Well, first you have to have proof, then a legal case, then you need a warrant, and for that you need a judge who will decide if you have a prima facie case...

edc (44 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Mon Jan-19-09 09:16 AM
    Response to Original message
    8. Simple Fact

No one in this country has the constitutional authority to approve the use of torture or any other violation of American law under any circumstances or of any international law to which the United States is a signatory. Nor may any such authority be asserted or otherwise claimed by legal opinion. Specifically, any person who has committed or aided and abetted the commission of war crimes in any way is culpable and in legal jeopardy. Amen.
    Fap fap fap....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Riighttt....

The war that Congress voted to approve?That one?

Well, first you have to have proof, then a legal case, then you need a warrant, and for that you need a judge who will decide if you have a prima facie case...

Fap fap fap....

No way the magic negro is going to go after anyone.I wish I could be there the moment their hopes are dashed, the instant their hearts break lol

Quote Originally Posted by BSR View Post
    Wow.. Liberals coming to see Obama sworn into office like your idea of "Arrest Bush" and have pictures taken with you. I do not believe it..

What's next? You're going to tell me water is wet?
    Not only that, but in a state of dihydrogen monoxide, it will kill you!
    Thanks to SarasotaRepub for your help! :D