Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    I guess Iím struggling with how everything is a lie at every step, and theyíve been caught red-handed. The numbers are cooked at every level and this looks like a total in your face power grab to me.
    I can tell you this. My wife's ER is now swamped. The death rate is very low but those with a bad case of the illness are in really bad shape and some are on ventilators which can do a lot of damage putting one in and taking it out. If a Dr. opts to use one the patient is in really bad shape. I don't think that I want to contract the disease myself so I'll take precautionary measures just to be on the safe side. I agree that this does seem to be a democrat power grab in many cases but as with every good lie there is some truth behind it.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I can tell you this. My wife's ER is now swamped. The death rate is very low but those with a bad case of the illness are in really bad shape and some are on ventilators which can do a lot of damage putting one in and taking it out. If a Dr. opts to use one the patient is in really bad shape. I don't think that I want to contract the disease myself so I'll take precautionary measures just to be on the safe side. I agree that this does seem to be a democrat power grab in many cases but as with every good lie there is some truth behind it.
    Your state probably has the highest concentration of senior citizens than anywhere in the nation. Hopefully, we still have a nation on the other side of this. It appears to me that there will never be an other side to this, the way things are going.
    Itís not a civil war until both sides show up.

I repeat, Iím 78, have a failed heart, failing lungs, diabetes, ingrown toenails and dandruff. Iíll take every possible precaution I can find. I do put my mask on as I leave the house as it is hell to deal with when also wearing glasses and hearing aids. I pull it down until Iím ready to get out of the car and then back down once Iím back in the vehicle. I take it off at home so when my hearing aid jumps out of my ear I wonít lose it. I have been known to simply reverse out of an establishment where I observe employees or too many customers without that protection.

All that said, we must always remember the political mantra ďnever let a crisis go to wasteĒ. And the dim bulbs are working it well with help from some who call themselves republicans or conservatives.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

You know the nation is gone when you see someone driving their car with a mask on and theyíre the only one in the vehicle. Iím going to protect myself from myself by breathing in my own exhale over and over. Itís the stupidest shit Iíve ever seen in my life.
    I put mine back on in the car a minute or two before reaching the customers when I'm Ubering. And I drive a van, so there may be pax in the back you can't see.

Don't know about the other nutters out there leaving their masks on too long. Afraid of C02 deprivation maybe?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

I wore mine last Thursday because I exchanged-coins in the grocery-store kiosk and had to interact with the courtesy-cashier.

And I wore it at GameStop a couple weeks ago.
    Abbott & Costello Meet The Tingler

Your state probably has the highest concentration of senior citizens than anywhere in the nation. Hopefully, we still have a nation on the other side of this. It appears to me that there will never be an other side to this, the way things are going.
    That is south Florida where there is a concentration of seniors. I live in North Florida where the age range is about average with the rest of the country. Also, the patients in my wife's ER run the gambit from young to old with a lot of people in their 30s and 40s taking up beds.
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    I repeat, Iím 78, have a failed heart, failing lungs, diabetes, ingrown toenails and dandruff. Iíll take every possible precaution I can find. I do put my mask on as I leave the house as it is hell to deal with when also wearing glasses and hearing aids. I pull it down until Iím ready to get out of the car and then back down once Iím back in the vehicle. I take it off at home so when my hearing aid jumps out of my ear I wonít lose it. I have been known to simply reverse out of an establishment where I observe employees or too many customers without that protection.

All that said, we must always remember the political mantra ďnever let a crisis go to wasteĒ. And the dim bulbs are working it well with help from some who call themselves republicans or conservatives.
    I am 59 with congestive heart failure and diabetes. It is in my best interest to take precautions because I might not survive a severe case.
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I am 59 with congestive heart failure and diabetes. It is in my best interest to take precautions because I might not survive a severe case.
    As a newly minted 50 year old, I completely understand. Out of respect, I wear a mask when I patronize a business. No underlying conditions here, but still just needs to be done.

And I've changed my tune since early on regarding the mask wearing. So many conflicting recommendations. But it is just I now know safer just in case.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    As a newly minted 50 year old, I completely understand. Out of respect, I wear a mask when I patronize a business. No underlying conditions here, but still just needs to be done.

And I've changed my tune since early on regarding the mask wearing. So many conflicting recommendations. But it is just I now know safer just in case.
    I have complied every step of the way since this all began around March 17th. Havenít really done anything other than work and hang out at home for four months now. I wear the mask at the very few places I go to placate the Karens. Iíve had contact with very few people during the last four months. A few people at work and thatís it. Iíve done my part, and itís driving me up the wall.
    Itís not a civil war until both sides show up.

I have complied every step of the way since this all began around March 17th. Havenít really done anything other than work and hang out at home for four months now. I wear the mask at the very few places I go to placate the Karens. Iíve had contact with very few people during the last four months. A few people at work and thatís it. Iíve done my part, and itís driving me up the wall.
    ^This.

This mask thing is asinine though. The only people who should be wearing masks are medical workers and those who have tested positive for COVID19. And it needs to be an N95 or better quality mask. For all others masks pose a health risk in the form of low blood/oxygen levels. Explains those headaches long term wearers have been getting.

At any rate, I am likely preaching to the choir on this, but I just can't stand that we just accept this shit. At some point someone is going to have to say no, a lot of someones in fact. The government would have us wear them as long as we are willing to. A year? Two? The whole corona virus plandemic has been a farce from the get go; and it won't end until we end it.

All of this over a bad flu. What a dog and pony show.
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier​.